Maternal & Child Community
asthma and bronchitis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

asthma and bronchitis

i just got back from my dd's doc, and she has bronchitis....again....for the third time in 4 months. the doctor said that if it comes back multiple times, it means its asthma, so is there any way to prevent it from developing, or would it already be in her system? from my knowledge there is no hereditary asthma in our family, and i did not smoke while i was pregnant, what could cause asthma in a healthy 11 month old?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
do u smoke or let in one smoke around or in ur house my son kept getting broch after we elimatd smoking from our household he stop getting sick
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
no smoke in the home, or at the sitters, it blows me away, i smoked years ago, but quit(thank goodness) long before i was pregnant, can the air give you asthma? i live near los angeles so smog it a factor, other then that, im at a loss, did you son get asthma? i guess im a little paranoid, but my aunt(not by blood) had asthma really bad as an infant and had to be hospitalized multiple times, and now in her teenage years she has a veryyy hard time with everything because of it
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
thanks... ill definatly take you up on that!
Blank
Take it from a person who lives with asthma every day and the oldest of my children lives with it everyday also, some of the other kids get asthma seasonal, ye it is hereditary, it can come form broth, sis, aunts, grandparents, or it can happen for no reason, if he is prone to bronc, or allergies, then he is prone to asthma, they have good treatments out there, just ask alot of ques. make sure you understand what causes his attacks pollen,dander,pets and outside air,if he has it then there is no cure only treatments, I ahev heard of some kids outgrowing it, unfortunately none of mine did. ASk me anything you want if I acan answer them I will.
Blank
My gran, uncles, and father all have asthma and I was born with it too so it can be hereditory. Some peple have allergy asthma too which is effected by seasons. I'm not sure about pollution as I was brought up in the country side. I suffered from croop continuously as a child before i was diagnosed.
Blank
174483_tn?1327629077
im worried that its going to develop into asthma, shes had the coupy cough a lot, and shes only 11 months, how early did they dianose you?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...