Maternal & Child Community
babies sitting up by themselves
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

babies sitting up by themselves

my grandson is 7 months old and doesn't sit up by himself as yet. do we need to be concerned
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
my son just learned how to sit up by himself and hes 6 months. he could sit up but he would aways fall or only tripod sit..then tip

but now hes fine sitting on his own. and i dont have to sit with him to watch for when he tips
Blank
218870_tn?1240259255
my son didnt sit up until he was about 8 months. he actually crawled and pulled up on things to his knees before he would sit.  It depends on how content he is the way he is.  It was not until my son actually wanted to hold something in both hands before he sat up on his own.  I wouldnt worry just yet.
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
I have a daycare baby who just started sitting up by himself this last month and he just turned 9 months old. He's not crawling yet, either, but is scooting around real well so I know it won't be long.
I wouldn't worry. Each baby has their own time table for these things.
Blank
Hi
my baby girl is 8 months and she doesnt sit or stand on her own. If i put her sit or stand she will but not on her own. She will not hold her bottle either during feeding, i tried sometimes to put her hands around the bottle but she will let it go. I hope nothing is wrong
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
Sometimes babies do things on their own time.  My son sat up on his own by 4 months but was unable to pull himself up on his own until he was around 8 months.  He didn't start walking until a year.  They all have their own timeframe and he didn't hold his own bottle either until he was almost a year.  If you are concerned, I would bring it up to the pediatrician and see if they think there are any developmental delays.  But I wouldn't worry too much.
Blank
mine didn't start sitting up unsupported until they were almost 8 months. then it seemed all in one week they were sitting, standing, cruising and crawling like experts.
Blank
my baby girl will be one in a week just starting to sit this week but still throws herself back or tips to the side, im worried that she is delayed and may have a problem anyone else in same situation
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank