Maternal & Child Community
baby boy with hernia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

baby boy with hernia

Hi, my son is 15 months old and has a hernia in his right testicle. We took him to the Dr. and he said that he will have to have surgery on it. I'm not as worried about the sugery part,he has been through worse, but I'm not sure what to expect. Will he have to spend the night? What is the recovery going to be like? Is there much pain after?

And I have an unrelated question. I breastfed my son up untill the 3rd week in Sept. Once he turned a year I was only feeding him once right before bed. Yesterday I noticed that I still have my milk. I'm not engorged or anything, but it's still there. I figured that it would have been long gone by now. Just wondering how long it could take for it to dry up. My other kids it dried up in a week or two. I'm not worried...just curious.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My friends son had the same thing happen.  He just had another surgery Friday, which makes his 3rd since he was born and hes 5.  The 1st one was because his uretha was in the wrong place, the next one because of a hernia and the 3rd because of another problem.  Im not sure how long he was in the hospital and they give you stuff for pain.
Blank
I had milk for well over a year after my daughter stopped nursing. It only dried up about 3 mos. after I got pregnant again. Some women dry up righ away. Some nev totally dry up. One lady on here posted that she had milk 7 years after her last baby.
Blank
my dh had it when he was 16 months he went in in the morning and apparently left that night taht was 26 years ago and to the question about the milk it sometimes wont dry up for over a year particuly as you have breastfed for a while and its your 3rd time its totally normal dont be alarmed goodluck.
Blank
my daughter had hernia surgery at 24 months and my nephew at 18months.  We were terrified but she was in and out in an hour and really only miserable for that 24hr period.  She didnt even stay the night at the hospital.  THe hardest part was keeping her activity level down for the first two weeks, which was the doctors request.  Good luck to you I'm sure everything will go fine.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...