Maternal & Child Community
baby food
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

baby food

when is it the best  time to start baby food on a baby. like the fruits and veggies..
my son is four months old, he started cereal at 3 months to help fill him up at nights that was what my doc told me i could do. but now all he want to do is eat other stuff. he crys and crys for it. trys to get supper plates like the food on it to eat. he eats really good on the spoon and i just dont no what to do. he likes cereal which i give him only once a day because other wise hed eat that all day and not breast feed. lol. need advice on what to do...
thanks
ksanden
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I started my dd with cereal at 4 months and then went to veggies around 5 months. I was told to start with veggies and introduce all of them before you introduce fruits. Fruits are obviously a bit more tasty..so by starting with the veggies they really have nothing to compare it to..ya know. That seemed to work for my dd anyway..and I'll do that again with my next baby.
I gave her all of the baby cereals before I started with the veggies...rice, grain, barley...etc...
You really can't go wrong. Just make sure you wait 3-4 days until you introduce another food.
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
My baby is only 4.5 weeks, but in the "how to" book given out by my ped's office (it's written by the docs in the practice) it says that generally they have you start cereal at 3 months. Offer it at breakfast and again at suppertime (not bedtime although I will probably offer it at bedtime anyways lol). Then start veggies first at 4 months, followed by fruits at 4-5 months. I would think you'd be ok to start veggies at this point. Of course that's just my very inexperienced opinion! :)
Blank
172411_tn?1287089865
ladies thank you for you time. i went to the store tonight and picked up some baby applesauce to put in with the cereal and see how that goes.. i plan to do cereal with fruits and then at 5 months start doing veggies and fruits by its self.. thanks so much..
ksanden
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank