Maternal & Child Community
baby heart fetal monitor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

baby heart fetal monitor

hi all my wife and i picke dup one of those fetal heart monitors today,we had an ultrasound done 2 weeks ago everything was fine heartbeat was 170,she was 9 weeks then,today she is 10 weeks,we tried but could not find heartbeat with the monitor,i was the first one who said maybe its too early!!!!!!!,but she wanted it the intructions said woman can find it sometimes in the range of 10 to 12 weeks,has anyone tried one of these and had trouble finding the heartbeat?,im not overly worried about this but it did throw thought in the brain! thanks for any advice:)
It really is too early for all but the doctor's office monitor to hear a heartbeat; fetal monitors for home use aren't that sensitive because the baby's little heart is about pinhead size at this point.
It could be too early. I rented a hospital grade one last time I was preggo and couldnt hear it until about 9 weeks. But, unless you have a really good one then the likely hood of you hearing it is slim to none. What kind do you have?  If you have a hospital grade one, then it all depends on how strong the doppler is and also remember that you could possibly be going over your belly too fast.   Try in the middle just above your pubic bone and slowly go back and forth and up and down.  It took me about a week of really concentrating to find mine.  I kept skipping over it on accident without even realizing it! Dont worry about nothing!  I am sure all is fine!
Amber
sounds like a good enough one
are you looking in the rightplace
the heartbeat will be in her  pubic area still.

I am 9 weeks and I heard mine for the first time a few nights ago.

you have to go very very slowly and you also need to know what you are listening for.  start in her pubic hair and move very very slowly
son't go above the pubic line - it won't be there!

I forget the website - but last year I went to some rental sights web site and they had a demo you could press the button to be sure what you were listening for - that usually helps

best of luck
we rented it from babybeat.com i think its called a advaned model its 3mhz>? so dont know if really top of the line?
I had a monitor early in my pregnancy and I just want to say GO LOW! Very very low at the hairline is where I could pick up the heartbeat. Good luck
I have the same monitor and I can hear just fine BUT i'm 22 weeks, it says 10-12 weeks on the instruction, I thimk it's to early
I had purchased one from a maternity store and had alot of difficulty being able to hear the baby's heartbeat. So I rented one from babybeat.com for about $20 a month and it was awesome!!! The heartbeat was very clear and easy to find. With the other one I was never sure if I was really hearing the heartbeat. The rental from babybeat.com also has a built-in recorder which was kind of fun. You also don't need to wear headphones or anything like that, the speaker is right on the unit. Hope that helps.