Maternal & Child Community
baby movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

baby movement

Hey girls! I know this has been discussed on here before, but I have memory loss totally! (The things pregnancy does for ya lol)I felt my baby move first at around 13 weeks, again at 14 and I felt him move again on Sunday 16.5weeks (I think it was him moving anyhow)....is it common to go for days and days (even a week or two) and not notice movement? I'm sure I'm panicking for no reasaon like normal, but I was used to ultrasounds every 2 weeks when I had ovarian cysts, but now that the cysts have cleared and I've switched doctors I just get ultrasounds like everyone else. So I haven't been to the doc for 3 weeks (going next week) and just worry! :) Thanks alot! Hope everyone has a great Tueday!!
From what I've read and seen on the msg boards it is normal to go several days with no movement.  I have only started having consistant every day movement around 20 weeks and still some days are a lot heavier than others.  I'm just now 20W2D.
OH thank you! That's good to know!! I just figured with having felt him move so early at 13 weeks that I would have felt more by now. I guess I need to just relax and be patient......before long I'll be wanting  him to settle down! haha
You are so lucky to have felt movement so early!  I began to feel movement at around 16 weeks, and it was sporadic, until about late 24 weeks (I'm currently 5w4d).  Now, it's every day - almost all day long.  Anyhow, feeling sporadic movement is totally normal well into the 20s - we are supposed to feel the most noticable, consistent movement between wks 24 & 28, accdg to my OB.  Then into the 30s, the movement feelings change, but should still be consistent.  You are very normal to be going days without feeling anything.  He/she is so small right now!  Best of luck to you!
Whoops.  I meant I feel consistant movement around 20 W and I am 21W2D.  Sorry my last post didn't make much sense with the dates I gave.

You will be feeling those little pokes VERY soon!!!  :)
It is totally normal to have the movements so sparing in the weeks you first start feeling things.  I know with this baby I try to not worry because I'm only 17w 2d pregnant but then he gets really active now and again and I feel more comfortable.
i would think it is normal this early on. i also felt small sporadic movements around 13 wks, and only feel them about 2-3 times per wk. after a little while it seemed i didn't feel anything. now i am 18 wks and feel them quite often. usually only when i am sitting or just relaxing, probably b/c i am not on the go and in a hurry. too you have to remember the baby is still so small so it depends where the baby is doing aerobics for the day.