Maternal & Child Community
baby movements
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

baby movements

hey all. i've been feeling my baby move since week 13. (2nd pregnancy) it was rare and very light movements, which i expected. after 14 weeks it increased but not a ton, which i still expected, but now that am 15 weeks i do feel him/her move a lil more often but the movements still feel a lil light. which DS i remember his kicks being more frequent, harder and more noticeable. i know he/she is moving in there and i know movements from gas, or when he/she is adding force to a certain spot, but should'nt he/she be giving harder movements more frequently now. should i check with doc to make sure he/she is ok? or is he/she just lazy! its hours apart before i feel him/her move again. lol i guess i just need some reassurance.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
210400_tn?1325384170
Many don't feel movements at all until 20 weeks so I think its just that the movements aren't very strong yet. Good luck!
Blank
at 15wks it is very common to go not only hours, but even days without movement. Babies sleep alot and sometimes just don't move as much as we want them too. It will just take time before you get those big kicks.... be patient and if you need reassurance check with your doctor.
Blank
I haven't felt any movement yet and I am 18 1/2 weeks. I know the baby is moving a ton because they could barely do my level 2 ultrasound last week because the baby wouldn't stop.
Blank
thanks for your comments guys. he/she was pretty active last nite! havent felt him/her for the morning yet. Am relaxing behind my desk now so he/she will probably wake up soon.
Blank
145992_tn?1341348674
I felt slight movements by 16 weeks but could go days without feeling anything.  At my level II ultrasound the tech said he was a kicker.  Now I understand what she meant.  I'm 33 weeks and my lil boy does not know how to sit still.  He only sleeps every once in a while and I really don't get any rest at night because that's when he is most active.  I think he's trying to get into position and having a really difficult time.  But I really started feeling him every day at about 23 weeks.  Maybe a little more than that.  Don't worry you will feel the baby soon enough.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank