Maternal & Child Community
baby movements

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

baby movements

i am 17wks pregnant with my 3rd child and still havent felt my baby kick yet i thought i felt slight movements on saturday but i havent felt anything since, with my 1st pregnancy i felt my son at 21wks and felt my daughter at 16wks and im worried because i thought i should be feeling this one move by now i had a scan 2wks ago and everything looked fine but shouldnt i be feeling my baby i will be 18wks on monday, has anyone else felt their babies move late when its there 3rd pregnancy i would be grateful for any help, thanks in advance. lisa
my half sister had same prob, but her uterus was in front of baby so she couldnt feel her baby move ill later on as the uturus blocked the baby movements xx this too is her 3rd child
Don't you mean placenta was in front of baby, the uterus is what the baby is in, I had this with my first pregnancy where the placeta is in front of the baby, so when the baby kicked, she was kicking the placenta. I didn't feel the baby till I was about 25 weeks.
I don't remember feeling regular movements at 17-18 weeks when I was pregnant with my daughter. If you are concerned I would call the doctor and I am sure they will let you come in and they will check the heartbeat. You could also purchase a doppler to use at home then whenever you are concerned you can check the heartbeat yourself. Good luck! :)
i would say youre probably having a boy. boys move less and later . but its okay, youre not really supposed to feel movement til like at least five months and a half.
oh and this one may sound unbelievable but its true. TWO OF MY BEST FRIENDS. one of them didnt know she was pregnnat until six months and she found out because she went to the er because she was so constipated. so no movement there. she had a boy.
my other friend felt some pulsy movements at the end of both of her pregnancies and nothign before then. one was a boy, one a girl. both healthy. you have nothing to worry about. its waaaaaaaaaaay too early for you.
I just read yesterday that movement begins to become stronger between 16 and 20 weeks, this is when the bones are becoming firmer, and the muscles become stronger.  Without these two developments, the baby would not be able to have strong movements.  You may feel more squirming or "flutters" right now than actual "kicking around".  I did not feel my baby actually kick until around the 22 week mark.