baby moving less...is this the 'norm'???
Hi All!!
I am 25 weeks pg. I have been feeling the baby move a little less these last few days. A lot less then last week. Is this just what is supposed to be happening at this point? It was weird to feel her so much and now so little.
Mostly she moves at night in bed....
just wondering, thanks for the advice.

Have a great Monday!!!
It is definitely more common to feel the baby move at night at they sleep during the day due to our constant motions and when we're resting they're awake and moving. If you have any concerns whatsoever, you should consult your doc.
I bet she still moves the same, but it's sometimes hard to feel it when you're moving around yourself.  It seems she moves more at night because you're still and trying to notice it.  I've noticed as my pregnancy goes on, my baby does move when I'm standing up and moving around as well as when I'm laying down, but I just couldn't feel it as much before as I can now at almost 30 weeks.  I would try not to pay attention to how much she's moving compared to yesterday/last week/etc.  Try the kick count when you're lying in bed tonight and see if she kicks 10 times in one hour.  If she does, then all should be fine.
Something to think about too, is that during the day when you're up and going, she may be moving, but you're paying attention to whatever it is your invovled in. So she may be moving, you're just not focused on it!
Ok, I haven't been that PG in 3 years but don't you start the kick counting (10 kicks/hr) later on, like at 28 weeks? Some women are just starting to feel baby move at 22 weeks so I don't think by 24 that you need to feel baby 10x per hour but as I said, I can't remember that long ago.
I'm 29 weeks (almost 30 weeks) and I could feel the baby start moving at 20 weeks and kicking around 22 weeks.  She's 25 weeks (only a month behind me) and I know I could do the kick count by then, so I figured she might be able to do it as well.  All the books I've read say you can start doing it as soon as you start to feel distinct movement and not necessarily fluttering, but if the kicks don't come out exactly 10 in an hour, she shouldn't freak out.  If you choose to do it, keep a chart to see if the kicks get more/less frequent.
I would start counting your kicks every hour (10/hr). Lie on your left side and have a glass of orange juice or water and you should feel the baby kick.  If you don't I would go to the doctor.  I really don't want to alarm you but I've heard too many stories of babies not kicking.
I have an appt with my OB for a test to count the kicks...since I am termed "HIGH RISK" she wants to check it out! Guess we'll find out the norm then. Thanks!
i was reading that during the day, your activity lulls the baby to sleep.  also, as you are busy at work/or home activities, you notice it less.  baby wakes up as you go to sleep.  i guess gets you ready for sleepless nights!!  LOL.
good luck on the rest of your pg.
Well I just got back from my OB- it was fine! She moved plenty and her heart rate was 154. :) She must turn inward often, which explains the lack of feeling her kick the last day or two.
:) Thanks to all!!
Does anyone know if the baby sleeps more during a growth spurt? I'm only 17 weeks but I've been feeling movement since 14 weeks. At 16 weeks the flutters became the gentlest kicks. But the past 3 nights or so I havn't felt much. But I read that by 20 weeks the baby will have grown another two inches and hit the one pound mark! I feel him/her moving now though:)
    My other thought was maybe I haven't been drinking enough water. If I'm slightly dehydrated will that make the baby's fluid low or bad? I try to keep up on it, but sometimes I just forget!
i would definately thing that the lack of H2O can cause low movement.. Keep drinking that water!!!! :-)

I was worried about the same thing!!! Im 23 weeks and for a couple of days she wasn't moving!  I read that at times she is turned so legs and arms are inward and that can be a reason also i know she def. moves at night when im resting!  Im sure your fine.  But if it goes too long and your worried, call the doc.  Good luck!
Okay I just have to ask something....everything I have read and from what my doctors have told me is that the baby should move or kick at least 10 times in a 12 hour period. But everyone in here is posting 10x a hour????
I guess I have a little different view..I don't count at all! I'm just about 30 weeks. I must say I don't feel her every hour, but then again I don't concentrate on it every hour! I'm at work up and down (in an OR) pulling stretchers, helping patients- I think I just get distracted. When I feel a harder kick here and there, I just smile knowing she's finding a comfy position. All my OB appt. have been normal and even my MD said most women feel them most when ur quite, laying down and concentrating. My friend suggested the juice thing and even shining a flash light on my belly, but I'm just not that worried at all. I'll feel her when I feel her. I say a big "don't worry!!!"