Maternal & Child Community
baby throwing up...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

baby throwing up...

okay so it's day 2 of cameron throwing up...yesterday he threw up in the am with everything he ate at 730(threw up at 1130) then again after supper last night he threw up...now today he just threw up again a little bit after eating...just started gaging coughing and it really sounded mucousy..his nose has been fully of boogers ever since he began milk...i am worried he is allergic to milk...he is still on 1 bottle of homo perday...i was going to up him to 1.5 in a few days but i'm not too sure anymore.. i dont know if its just a virus mixed with his teeth because he has the runs really bad....ever since he started homo milk at first he was a little constipated but nothing too bad..he was doing really fine...ive talked to my mom about it and she said those were the first signs for me when i was a baby.. i am worried...today he has had diharea about 5 times and yesterday about 8 times...today he didnt drink his formula like he usually does... i am worried and the drs office is closed until tomorrow at 9am....what do you all think? should i be worried or?

oh he is very happy though...not lethargic or anything...he is his acting like himself...or so it seems.. no fever or anything...
Even though he seems really happy. It's not a normal thing to be going on this long. I would call your pediatrician, and put in a call to the nurse and get some answers. Might reasure you everything is fine, or that he should go in for a check up. Also, watch the fever.
I JUST got word that the lady downstairs grandson is really sick.. as of today...that is. Anywho Cameron has been playing with his sister the past 4 days..i have been watching here for 30 mins and she has been wanting to come visit me. anyways comes out that another child they were playing with had the SAME thing and as of today is covered in red spots. yup you guessed it he has chicken pox...maybe this is what cameron has as well? he has a slight fever but mostly teething fever.. it's so difficult sometimes...i will see how he is tomorrow and call the pediatrician and see what he says. he is due for his immunization in 17 days on the day of his first bday...i will keep you posted if the other little boy and girl come out with the chicken pox...if so camerons at risk
you havent given him any aspirin products have you?  if he has been exposed to chicken pox no products like motrin that are aspirin based.  if he continues to vomit and have diarrhea and he has taken those products call your dr now.  im not trying to be scary but i had chicken pox at 11 and took aspirin and i ended up with reye's syndrome.  i just like to spread the word but i know most parents know about the aspirin thing.
i have not given him any meds for about a week now....so i dont have to worry about that...i don't think...i am almost positive that if he is to have chicken pox there is nothing his dr can really do...i will have to get some calomine lotion for him....and just as i thought things were beginning to look up...i have no one to babysit cameron for orientation  and he cant come with me and now this.. life life life life..the joy!
no fair... we want dd to get the chicken pox so that she doesn't get the vaccine. it's the only one we're skipping for as long as possible. a part of me is hoping i bring it home from work

i am kind of worried.. my mom said because he didnt have a fever he doesnt have it but i looked online about the symptoms and it says about 10-21 days before the outbreak the child may experience flu like symptoms and 2 days prior to the actual outbreak to come out the child has a fever and then 24-48 hours after the outbreak has come out or the spots are crusty the child is no longer contagious...my placement person said to me on our interview day that my child comes before the placement that if i could i can make it up and if not then too bad...he doesnt like students reporting to their teachers their sick days because he thinks 5 days off in 4 months isn't always realistic, especially with a baby...it was nice to know that if my child is sick and the daycare cannot have him there i can leave to care for him...