Maternal & Child Community
bad episotomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

bad episotomy

My son is now 4 and i had a episotomy w/ him well the doc cut me from one end to the other. well it got swollen and i ripped my stitches and had to go to the er and the er doc told me i had a blood clot not sure if i'm the only one but i had to have it cut back open and sown back up. well now 4 yrs later i'm discovering that now if i have a hard bowl movement its ripping it open and its bleeding. it used to do this before but only occasionally but now its been doing it for a week straight and now i'm scared its something serious. the job the ob did was a bad one already but now the complications have gotten worse w/ the bowel movements not sure if anyone else has problems w/ there bowel movements and there episotomy?
Did the doctor say that your next baby could be born vaginally with "no problems" or did he say that you need to have a C section? I would get a second opinion and get a rectal ultrasound to see how much "damage" is present and what can be done to "fix" it.