Maternal & Child Community
been told doctors cant find feotal pole?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I went to my doctors yesterday with pain in lower right abdomen thought it was a ectopic pregnancy had a scan its not an ectopic but they said they could'nt find feotal pole.Im 5 1/2 weeks is this ok.I have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan.
5.5 weeks is still very early and it's not uncommon to not see a fetal pole at this point.  If you aren't spotting or bleeding then I think you're okay right now.

Good luck in 2 weeks!
Definitely not a major cause for concern at this point. I went on wednesday for an u/s and they couldn't see anything and by sunday we saw a heartbeat. Stay positive and give it at least a week before having another u/s.  Also, in the meantime your doc can be checking your hcg to make sure they're doubling- a good sign that the pregnancy is progressing well.
i posted in the thread you gave me and i hope it helps.

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
The same thing happened to me in June... I went for an u/s at 5w5d and they couldn't find anything.  Three days later they sent me to another u/s machine (the docs was broken) and there was the sac and baby with her heart beating and everything.  Now I am 23 wks and everything is fine.  Hang in there!  Don't give up hope yet!
it is nearly impossible at 5 1/2 weeks to see anything other than a sac. usually they wait to do a u/s till around 7 weeks when a heartbeat can be seen. i would not worry at this point as long as you are not cramping that is accompanies with bleeding red blood, and your progesterone levels are good and your hCG is rising.

love....kimmie
hello i had posted a question on sunday i believe it was and you answered it, could you tell me if that means that the implantation already happened or should i be baby dancing now. thanks! its tittled " needle like twinges in my stomach"
I had the same problem.  At 5 weeks, 2 days I went for an ultrasound.  They didn't see a fetal pole either.  At first they said it could be too early so I went back at 7 1/2 weeks and still the same thing.  Eventually I did start to bleed and as of now I am miscarrying.  I had a blighted ovum.  I hope your situation doesn't turn out like mine and you see something soon.  Keep track of your Hcg levels.  Mine were going up, but not doubling like they should have been.  I'll keep you in my prayers!