Maternal & Child Community
bendectin ban

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

bendectin ban

I was given bendectin in 1989 for morning sickness. I live in the us. Is there anyone with information about taking this drug that was supposed to have been banned by 1983?
Hi!
Yes, bendectin was banned due to allegations that the drug caused birth defects. Also, before it was completely lifted off the market, it had been given to many women. However, despite several litigations that it caused birth defects, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Agency approved the drug, and concluded that it caused no birth defects. The full report is available at Wikipedia.  Take care!