bending over while pregnant
What are the dangers of bending over while pregnant? I am 23 weeks....
I am scared to measure my waist....

Still can reach my toes to apply nailpolish, but probably not next week.
wow! you can still bend over? i can't even fantasize about doing that.lol.

i think the risk would be your own discomfort, maybe losing balance and falling or possibly straining your back.

anyone else have a better idea of the risk?
I don't think there is any risk other than you being uncomfortable. I always put my legs out to the side to make more room for my belly. My oldest daughter (15 yo) would beg to differ though! She is always telling me not to bend over because she thinks her baby brother is getting squished! They're pretty protected in there. Other than that, if things are needing to be picked up or I have to bend over, I ask someone to do it for me!
Ha, just that you can't get back up!  I was still pretty tiny at that point and bending well.  When your belly gets bigger if baby is in the way it just won't be an option.
I always thought that the whole can't bend over thing was over rated. lol Until I got pregnant.  My opinion is that it feels like you have a 2x4 stuck between your ribcage and your pelvis there is just no bending even if you wanted to.
Oh my...for some reason the thought of a 2X4 stuck between your rib cage and pelvis just cracks me up! It's true, too! LOL!
I almost 28 weeks.  The dangers of bending over for me is my stomach or food coming back up in my throat...Yuck!  No dangers to bending over if you can still do it.  There is no bending from the waist for most pregnant women, but from the top of the hips.  Spread your knees apart and squat thats best.  Or like one of the other post said.....Have someone else do it for you.  My waist has gone from a 27 to a 39 so far.  I feel huge.  I watch others bend from the waist and think, "wow, they do that so nicely."  LOL!  Hope you have a great pregnancy!
I measured again, it's 40 now!  Yikes!!  I was so small before, now everyone teases me when I'm  shopping that I better pay for the watermelon under my shirt, LOL!  
Thank yall!!! I didnt think there was anything wrong with it but my dad saw me bend over to pick something up and like to have had a fit!!! So just thought I would check!!! My belly is still small enough that I can bend over but its to big to bend down to paint my toe nails soooo thats out!!!! Ha 17 more weeks!!! Seems like forever!!!
I was al belly and it really looked like I stuffed a ball under my shirt 'cuz it stuck out so far and just at my belly, then my hips were so far back.  Looking back it was kinda cute, not at the time though, I felt huge.  I was able to shave my legs and paint my toenails till the end with my last baby, just had to manuver my legs and feet to get there.  It was a little tough, but my husband was too freaked out to do it.