Maternal & Child Community
bi-cornate uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

bi-cornate uterus

Well, I have had 2 miscarriages and have been diagnosed with a bi-corunate uterus (heart-shaped uterus).  Just found out last week that I am pregnant ( almost 6 weeks :) We have been trying for 10 months...Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has any success stories with all this...I can't help but feel worried constantly. I am at/around the time where I miscarried the first time...Whoever will read this...please pray for me...I know no matter what God is Good :)
You are in my prayers. My cousin has a bicornuate also, she did not know until she gave birth. She had tried for 5-8 months and then it happened. Good luck to u.
Darlin', some women have bicornuate uteruses and never ever know, and just have their kids and that is that.  Your m/cs might have been for some totally different reason.  Don't let it scare you to the point of tension.  A uterus is very stretchy, and even half of a uterus can carry a child (how do you think people with multiple babies do it? LOL).  You might want to look in the archives of this forum under bicorunate or heart-shaped uterus -- a lot of women have written in about it.  The risks are that 1) a baby might implant on the septum and not get enough blood supply.  This is almost more of a theoretical risk than something that has been widely proven to happen often.  and 2) pre-term labor because of not enough room in the part of the uterus where the baby is for it to stay to its full size.  But neither of these is an automatic outcome.  As my doctor said, we just don't know how many women have bicorunate uteruses, because we only hear about the ones who have trouble.  Try not to fret, good luck, Annie
I have the same thing.   My uterus is shaped just like a heart.  I've tried getting pregnant for 14ys and have had 5 misscarriages along the way.  I didn't give up and now I am 23w2d with my little boy.  Never thought I'd be pregnant at 35 almost 36 but everything happens for a reason.  I hope everything goes well with you.  What also helped with me I had a doctor that didn't give up on me either.  Take care and I hope everything turns out okay.
Hi Im new here just looking for some reassurance yesterday at my scan I am 9w 2 days I was told I have a bicornate uterus! I delievered my daughter last year she was healthy 7p 7oz the only problem was labour was never established and she was born my c section. So my doctor isnt concerned about my heart shaped uterus she said ive already carried a fullterm baby and she doubts there will be a problem this time. I have asked for extra scans and am worried sick she said she will give them to me but didnt think someone with this condition needed them she doesnt seem at all concerned I am so worried and wonder if I should know more I feel like they have said you have this who cares??
I must sound nuts but I cant help but be worried know that I know. I havent had any bleeding or any previous m/c!
Hi, i have a bicornate uterus!
i have 2 beautiful girs, aged 2 and 3(hard work, but worth it)
i miscarried my 1st baby at 9 half weeks and it was then discovered what i had! my eldest was 6 weeks prem as she ran out of room and was 3 lb 6 oz! my 2nd daughter was 11 weeks prem and with a hugh fight also made it weighing in at 2lb 14oz! i also have anti c and anti e antibodies wich were created in my body after losing the corner of the placenter with my 1st born, this is what made my second born even earlier and poorlier.
it was extreamly tough at first but worth all the worry as now i have two healthy daughters with absolutly no problems what so ever.
Great Story!  I have a dedelphic uterus and went for my ultrasound yesterday, I was 23w5d.  The tech said it looks like the baby has plenty of room to develope.  She is weighing in at 1lb3oz right now!  She is absolutely PERFECT!  I was talking to my BF this morning before he left for work and we were comparing all the stories of miracle babies we have heard of, do you know they have all been GIRLS!  What is it about those little girl sperms that are soo darned determined!  I can't wait to see my lil angel and snuggle her.
Hi,I also have a bicornate uterus,and if im honest it hasn,t been all plain sailing.To start with having a cervical smear tends to involve more folk than I would really like,one DR actually informed me that I had a clump of warts,I did start to freak,and then reality kicked in and I asked if she might be looking at my second cervix,(theyre not infalable!)Anyway I knew that I had what I was told was 2 uteruses from about the age of 14,when I had problems but not at all related to fertility!!I had open surgery to find the cause,(ultrasound was not available then.)I was then told that I was infertile and would never have a family.Yes I have had misscarages but I also have 3 healthy kids.My eldest was born at 29 weeks,weighing 2.21b and a perfect beautiful girl,she still is! I also have 2 sons that I carried to full term and all of of kids have been by normal delivery.Although I dispute that delivery is at all normal!
hi.I have a bicorn uterus.I lost my little girl at 22 weeks.I am very worry for next pregnancy.I don't know what I can do for perventing abortion.
could anybody help me?

FaFa
Hi I have a bicornuate uterus , I have had 2 mcs one at 6 weeks one at 14 I'm Pregnant again for third time, I'm 7 weeks I'm so scared that something might happen I see doc in 2 days for first time. I just want things to go right this time , I can't stand the thought of losing another baby, is there anythingvi can do