Maternal & Child Community
bleeding and spotting at 7 1/2 weeks please help!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and am concerned about having a miscarriage.  At about 6 weeks, one day I felt like I was going to start my period, and then a stream of blood streamed down my leg...when I ran to the bathroom and wiped there was pink but no deep red, and then it went away, no clots or anything.  Then since then on certain days i have had very light spotting. Is this normal or should I be worried???  Is there a test to take to check to see if i am having miscarrage (miscarriage) at my local clinic?  What is it called? Any info would be so appreciated!!!  Thanks Alot!!!
The pink discharge should not worry you. If you have cramps, if you pass clothes or tissue or the colour of the discharge is red (like your period) then you should be worried.

You can still go to your doctor and ask for u/s to see how is the heart beat and they can make you a blood test. The last one will mesure the level of your pregnancy hormones and in case they are low or going down then you can worry. I'd call my doctor and explain what's going on.
I was bleeding with my 1 yr old and now with this pregnancy. with on little girl  Ihad blood cloths and they found the the bigger the baby got the more I was bleeding. so I got put on bed rests. with this pregnancy I started bleeding right after I found out and the did know tel I was 3mos the I was bleeding from the inside. and they did't know how it started but that I had a tear. but it had to heal by its self. I can't work or pick any thing up more than 15 lbs. and I have pain with the tear. the docter said its healing good and I nonthing to worry about.
I am so confused. My doctor told me that my due date is January 5, 2007 and that I am 10 weeks pregant. Last month when i found out i was pregnant I was spotting and had light bleeding, the only problem was that it lasted three weeks. The doctor was monitoring my hcg levels. They thought it was an ectopic pregnancy at first but they said they did not see anything in the tubes my last u/s. He also said that there was no sign of a fetus at all, but i am going back for another u/s on the 16th. I seen another persons due date on here be the 11th of jan. and they are only 6 weeks pregnant. How can I be 10 weeks, and my hcg is rising but right now it is only at 2181. Is it possible that i am only six weeks and that the fetal pole can show in a few weeks??? PLEASE I NEED ADVICE!
You should probably talk with your doctor just to be sure. I know I had some spotting at 6 weeks but it was not pink or red it was just the brown stuff I have had that off and on with this pregnancy and being that my last ended in a m/c I have been extremly paranoid so I make sure I get it checked out ever time and so far so good I am almost 29 weeks! Good Luck I hope everything works out for you!
Your due date is counted from the first day of your last menstrual period.  Maybe the other person's posting that you saw was counting from a known conception date (or transfer date, if it was IVF) which would have been later.  Maybe something was wrong with the doctor's first prediction of the first week of January for your due date, or you actually got pregnant later.    

What will tell the most at this point is the rate of change of your HCG levels, and whether they increase at the appropriate rate.  Good luck!