bleeding at 16 weeks, side pain
I posted a couple days ago about a gush of blood at 15 weeks. Well, last night I went back to work (waitress). Before I left for work, I got an extruiating pain on my lower left side. It had me dubbed over, and I couldn't move my left leg. I dismissed it for a really bad round ligament pain. When I got home (I left work early), I noticed I was spotting bright red. 2 hours later it turned to a dark red flow, then a bright red flow. It was a light flow, but I had to wear a pad. The pain lasted thru the night, with periods of it getting worse, and getting better, but it never went away even with tylenol. The flow turned back to bright red spotting (currently). I did call the OB on call late last night. She said if the bleeding lasts thru the night and if I develope cramps with it, then call them in the am and they'll see me.

Why aren't they concerned? I'm bleeding for a reason!! Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I did have placental abruption with my 1st, but it was NOTHING like this.
I'd tell her the bleeding didn't stop and go in, whether or not it did stop.  The bleeding itself might just be a small blood vessel in the uterus that has nothing to do with the baby or the placenta, which might be why the doc took an overnight wait-and-see attitude (all they would do for that is have you stay in bed anyway), but the doubling over doesn't sound good to me.  Especially with your prior history, you need answers.  The on-call doc might not be aware of your story.  Go in, and get seen.  Good luck!!!!!  Annie
Everytime I bleed my doctor always takes it seriously and tells me to come right in.  I can say that if I had pain like you are having along with the bleeding and he did not or could not see me I would go right to the ER.  I know they say there is nothing they can do of something goes wrong but you are far along now.  Out of the first trimester.  It is your body and your baby do what your first instinct tells you to do.  I never bleed enough to need a pad just a panty liner.  I have pain sometimes but never to the extent you had (except for BM sometimes) but at least I know what they are.

Good Luck, it most likely is a blood vessle or maybe in a cyst.  (I had a cyst rupture while pregnant already)
I got back from the dr's a bit ago. They said it's unexplained bleeding, which may last for a couple of weeks. I'm to take tylenol for the cramps. Said there's nothing they can do to stop it and nothing I can do, other than avoid intercourse till the bleeding stops. HE did mention it's "afterbirth coming out and the pain's from the placenta" whatever that all means. He didn't even examine me!! He said b/c he would just find blood.

It's so ironic. I kind of had the same thing happen with my 1st. My OB at the time put me on bedrest at 16-17 weeks pregnant. Everytime I took off a week, then went back to work, the bleeding and the cramps would start up again. I switched OB's this time around b/c of a bad experience with the delievery of my 2nd. Now I'm starting to second guess this new OB, which was recommended to me.

We can't afford for me to quit working right now, as I've been paying all the bills, and he just started a new job. Plus xmas is right around the corner. But, I'm starting to wander if I should. (waitress)
Did they at least do an u/s to see baby moving and heartbeat, and/or any internal blood?

If it happened before in relation to working you might want to connect the work to the bleeding. I would feel awful if something happened--can DH get a 2nd job? can you get assistance with just one income?  I am 17 weeks and feel for you....