Maternal & Child Community
bleeding during pregnancy with bicorniate uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi everyone. Found out on May 21 that I was pregnant(Had symptoms before that but finally confirmed with HPT on that day.) My LMP was April 21 and we were actively trying to become pregnant again after a miscarriage and D&C in December. Well, went to the doctor for the first time on May 31 and was told that there was a gestational sac and yolk sac visible and they thought I was about 5 weeks 5 days. Started having brown spotting on June 2 and went to the ER due to anxiety over the previous miscarriage. They basically just drew HCG levels and told me to follow up with my doctor on Monday. Followed up, gestational sac, yolk sac, and fetal pole visible, HCG went from 8600 at ER on June 2 to 15201 on June 4. Told I could return to work and normal activity as everything was progressing normally. June 6 (my husbands 30th birthday) we went out to dinner and when I got home had some red spotting, got in bed to rest and a few hours later had gush of red blood. Went back to doctor on June 7th and was told that they saw a heartbeat but it seemed a little slow. Around 100 beats a minute which I read is normal for as early along as I am. They also cleaned all visible blood and saw a blood clot on the ultrasound. I have a bicorniate uterus, baby is on the right, blood clot on the left. Cervix is still closed and everything seems ok except for the bleeding. Anyone else experienced these type of symptoms? I had cramping last night and passed 2 small blood clots (from the left side of my uterus?) today I have had 1 blood clot and no cramping, decreased amount of bleeding. See doctor again in Monday but they said their gut feeling is that I'm going to miscarry again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I myself have a unicornuate uterus. I have had 3 m/c and finally have a 10 month old son! During my pg w/him I spotted when I was 6 weeks pg for an unknown reason and then bled heavily at 12 weeks due to placenta implantation. At 6 weeks I spotted off and on for about a week and I had some brown spotting. With 2 of my m/c, I never even had any spotting. I know you are worried but try and relax and hope for the best! I am praying for you and wish you all the luck in the world! I know what you are going through!
Thank you for your prayers. I got out of the house for a few hours today and had lunch and went window shopping to see how my body handled walking around a little bit. Still having just a bit of red blood but it is definitely less than what I was having yesterday. Just trying to stay positive and hopeful that all will be well on Monday at my follow up visit!
Hi. I am seven and a half weeks pregnant with my fifth child. I have been bleeding lightly the past few days. I went in for an ultra sound today and was told I have a large blood clot in my uterus, caused by a vein that is leaking blood. I am at high risk of miscarriage. They put me on restrictions and told me all they can do is monitor the problem. All my other pregnancy's were normal. I can't stop stressing over the fact that I might lose my baby. If anyone can give me advice, or share similar stories, please do so.
Hello! I'm just curious I don't have a bicorniate uterus, but i understand what you are going through.  This is my first time expecting and I started out with light bleeding on May 25, 2007, but it was on and off bleeding and the color was brown.  I was scared and went to ER and they said that my blood level (beta quant) was about 1500 to1620 . On June 2, 2007 I started bleeding very heavy and there was no cloting.  I bleed for six days and too me it seemed like a normal period, but to the doctors the was saying that I was having a m/c. First of all since i started going to the ER they told me three  different lenghs of my baby. Then I was confused. At first i heard 5weeks, 6weeks, and then 7weeks.  So I finally went to get a another ultrasound They told me that I was 5week, 6days, but they see a sac but there is no move ment.  I went on June 4, 2007. later that afternoon My clinic called me and told me that the results has reached them and that i was having a m/c. They then told me that they will check themselves, so remind u I only saw three clots at this time,but nothing huge.  However, they told me to come back on June 11, 2007 and I saw my Ultrasound it said that I was 4weeks with the sac still remaining. I ask is it possible for me to have a m/c and the sac still remain, she said no.  I am so confused because at this point the ultrasound states that I am still pregnant. The Person that took it said that she didnot see a problem.  Can any one help me understand because this is making me upset because i do not want to loose my child.