Maternal & Child Community
bleeding from sexual intercourse while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm 23weeks and half pregnant and my boyfriend and I are still having sexual intercourse. When we have oral sex or he fingers me I start to bleed sometimes from it. Is it safe or danger for the bleeding to accure? Please write back an answer for me I'm worried it might not be good.
Are you bleeding or spotting? I would say it would have to depend on how much you are bleeding. If it is concerning to you I would contact you Dr. or Midwife.
any sign of blood is a reason to call your dr, they might have you stay away from sexual activity until baby is born.  
My doctor told me that the blood vessels on the cervix are very numerous and close to the surface during pregnancy.  However, she did say that if the bleeding continued, I should let her know-that perhaps abstaining from any type of penentration would be necessary.  I encourage you to call your doctor-they really know your situation better than us.  Good luck.
same thing happened to me. my ob said not to worry, she said the cervix is full of blood during pregnancy and sometimes pregnant women bleed during pelvic exams. she said she would only be concerned if 1.) your placenta is near your cervix, which they would have told you at your 20 week us, and they would have told you NO sex, or 2.) if the bleeding was significant and didn't stop right away, or was followed by painful contractions. but she said a little spotting is no reason to stop having sex...
thank you all for the responses i appreicate all of them!
Hi everyone I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd  and after having sexual intercourse I started bleeding I am alittle concerned but working in the medical field I know things like this happen, reading everyones comments made me feel a little better to know im not the only one going through this of course I spoke to my doctor and he recomended to stop having sexual intercourse and in my case it's important because I have a history of 2 ectopic preg. Well Good Luck to all of You:)
Its nice to finally find a place where someone can relate to me. I just recently have found out that me and my fiance are having an unexpected baby. I have been really late on my period and go for the sono-gram on wednesday. We had sex two nights ago for the first time since i found out i was pregnant a week ago. the next mornin after, i woke up to found out i am bleeding and getting cramps. anybody have any clue what is goin on?
well if your having cramps with bleeding that is not a good sign. You could be having a miscarriage..not good. I had cramps and still sometimes have them not so often anymore (Im 22 weeks) but that was because of the pressure of everything below getting use to your uterus expanding. i experienced bleeding having sex but it was the same reason as the ladie who brought up the topic, I think it was because of my boyfriend fingering me so I wont let that happen again. i am still okay to have sex though no bleeding from that. I think just the way the fingers are broke the blood vessel in my cervix, we are flowing a lot of blood now since we are pregnant. My doctor says nothing is to worry about with me. But like I said with you talk to your doc right away it doesnt sound good, it could be a etopic as well (baby growing outside the uterus) hope everything is okay for u good luck