MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
bleeding on 14th day after period?? what does this mean???
by Beam11, Jul 04, 2006
I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now. I have been off birth control for that long.. i had my period 14 days ago exactly... and this morning i woke up and found that i was bleeding. but not the bright pink or red blood. its dark like brown color... what does this mean?? could i be pregnant?? i just had my period!!  what should i do?? please help me.
thanks so much
Heather
Member Comments (9)
by Purple Hugs, Jul 04, 2006
Hi, is this a small amount of blood or full on period type?

if it's small.. could be good news.. could be implantation - especially as it's old blood... so you could be on your way to a baby! ;)

or.. if lots, then go to your GP to get some tests done, as there are many reasons for mid cycle bleeding, not all bad so don't be worried. but there are things like fibroids etc,
Get it checked out though.

((hugs))
by ange800, Jul 04, 2006
Wait 2 weeks then take a hpt I had the same thing with my first pregnancy had a normal period then about 14 days later bleed for a couple of days then 2 weeks later I took a test and found out I was pregnant lets hope its the same case for you good luck.
by apple_blossom, Jul 04, 2006
Not to discourage you, but I had this happen every once in a while long before I was trying to get pregnant. I always figured it was just that the increase in CM washing whatever was left over from my period. Sorry if TMI. It wasn't much more than one panty-liner's worth, though.
by Justine17, Jul 05, 2006
Same thing is happening to me.  I had my first period since a miscarriage in late March, just 17 days ago and today I started spotting (mostly brown).  I'm hoping it's good news and not just wacky hormones!  Maybe we'll both have BFP's in a couple of weeks!! Trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be great!
by Beam11, Jul 06, 2006
Thanks you guys... i hope it is implanting and i could be preggo. in 2 weeks time.. but its been a long year of trying.. and this has happened once before.. pretty soon after i got off the birth control pills so i figured it was my body just regulating and stuff.. i will let you know... but i figured it would be done by now.. it started on tuesday morning and isnt a full out period but its not just spoting either.. its a decent amount.. and (sorry if TMI) but today it was a little chunky.. dont know what that means.. but thats for letting me know what it could be..
by streakz, Apr 23, 2010
I'm exactly the same. Hoping for good news though. Will wait until day 21 like doc said. but get yours checcked out if concerned,
x
by sonu35, Aug 12, 2010
hi.. same thing is happening with me... i got my periods on 27th July and now exactly at 14th day on 10th July, since last 2 days when i woke in morning i experience little brown color spotting and then it reduces off during day time.. i am planning for baby... i am also experiencing little cramp and heaviness in my lower abdomen... is it i am pregmnant... wht are all these things... i am confused bcoz its just 14th day so how should i get pregnant... pls rply...

Rgds,
SRY
by drkm, Aug 03, 2014
It is normal to spot during ovulation. It is typically a sign of fertile

Normal spotting is what may occur at the very end of your bleeding days. A day or two of spotting after 3 to 5 days of "bleeding" is normal, and just the end of the bleeding period.

Spotting that occurs in the middle of your cycle or spotting that occurs some ten to fourteen days prior to the start of the next cycle is normal too. This spotting may occur during ovulation. Seeing a spot of blood during ovulation is considered an excellent fertility sign.

It is thought that mid-cycle spotting occurs for one of two reasons. First reason is possibly that when the egg bursts through the follicle, a little bleeding may occur. This blood will then make its way out and show up as "spotting". Or, during ovulation, the level of estrogens rise, and this sometimes prompts the uterus to shed a bit of lining, which shows up in the form of "spotting."

Spotting that occurs about a week before the cycle is due - and only lasts for less than one day - is possibly considered implantation spotting. This happens as a result of the fertilized egg burrowing into the uterine lining. Or another reason for seeing implantation spotting may be due to a slight rise in estrogen and drop in progesterone before the corpus luteum takes over the production of progesterone. The corpus luteum takes over the production when the implanted fertilized egg signals the body that pregnancy has occurred and that the lining must be maintained. Keep in mind that spotting that continues for days is not implantation spotting
Good Luck and lots of baby dust
by suphyer, Aug 04, 2014
i just had the same thing,but when it first came was more bright gooey red, then it became brownish for 3 days  before it stopped. I am trying to figure out what is happening to me too. can you tell me the result of it?