Maternal & Child Community
blood clot and pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

blood clot and pregnant

My daughter thinks her lmp was July 17th.... which would put her, by the internet, a due date of April 22....
they gave her April 25th at the drs office... That would make her 6 4/7 weeks preg...
with July 20th as her lmp...

We know for sure that she was pregnant August 17th. The positive came up very fast  :)

She did a sonogram last week because of the bleeding and she would have been about 5 weeks along...
they didn't see a baby... only a sac... no heartbeat or anything...

Well they did another sonogram today and the dr said she is 5 weeks... they saw the heartbeat and all...
right beside the baby and sac is a blood clot. She has to go back in next week for another sonogram. This is her first pregnancy and I am scared for her...

If the baby does not seem to be growing at all that isn't a good sign. I would suggest a repeat ultrasound in a week or two to see if things are progressing. The blood clot shouldn't be a worry I had one in early pregnancy and actually bled for 5 weeks straight. I'm now 23 weeks.
maybe next week will bring better news....

i think its weird that there was no clot last week when she was bleeding and now there is... thats why i am worried... and the 2 week difference dont help  lol
Yeah no I understand how scary it is. The only reason she would have the clot is because she is bleeding in there. My guess is she has maybe a small hematoma that is causing the bleeding.
I had a clot next to my baby too....at least they thought it was a clot at about 8 weeks.  My pregnancy ended in m/c but there are many many women who pull through.

I was tested and found to have a blood clotting disorder and I'm now being treated with blood thinners for my current pregnancy

Wishing you all the best!
I had an ultrasound when I was 5 weeks pregnant - they could see a sac and a pole, but no heartbeat.  They could also see what they called a "sac" of blood.  They told me that it was
probably from the baby implanting, and that my body would probably absorb it, but to be
careful lifting ( I was a complete mess).  At my next appt in two weeks, there was a strong heartbeat and
no blood.  I was panicked during this process and did so much research, which is not a good thing,
my Dr told me to stay OFF the internet, because you will convince yourself of the worst.
I have a healthy beautiful 3 month old little girl now.
I hope your daughter gets encouraging results.
i+wish+everyone+the+best.+I+had+a+blood+clot+on+my+placenta+and+delivered+at+30+weeks+and+he+was+2+pounds.+I+had+to+deliver,+because+they+said+it+could+burst+and+kill+both+of+us