blood in one year olds stool
Hello ladies, well i have a little question, DD had regular bowel movements yesterday, but this morning she had diarreah twice, and in both diapers there was blood, the first it was only a little, so i figured her rear was a little irritated, but the second had more, not full of blood, but enough for me to call the doctor, she has an appointment tommorrow, but i was curious what this could be, its mixed in with the stool which makes me think its not from the irritated area like i thought before, she also has a low fever which is staying at 100.0, even after i gave her the tylenol an hour ago, i know its probably just my paraniod mommy side comming out, but its really worring me,

Ps. i saved the second diaper (gross i kno) should i take it with me to her appointment? and just to add she hasnt had anything red to eat ...ever i dont think, so i know its not that

thanks everyone
morgan
lfb
My son had diarrhea once when he was around two and it had some blood in it.  I freaked out.  My husband's cousin is a doctor, so we called him since it was late in the evening.  He said that stomach viruses often cause some blood in the stool and as long as it wasn't clots or enough to turn the toilet red, it was okay.  I know it is scary, but his went away after two incidents.  I'm sure everything is okay, but I don't blame you for taking her to the doctor.
oh im glad youve been through this, it probably is a virus of some sort, if it is do they perscribe antibiotics, or does it just pass? i should really know this stuff by now haha im so naive!
lfb
I don't think they can prescribe an antibiotic for a virus, but they prescribe something for diarhea another time when it lasted for a number of days.  I think they like for it to pass on its own, but if it not getting better they will give you something.  Good luck!
just thought id update you, i had to take her to an all night pedi center, she had another diaper with very mucusy red blood, i have to get stool samples tomorrow (fun) , so basically they dont know what it is, based on the mucus like blood, they think its probably bacterial, but we wont know more until the labs get back,