blowing in babies face?
my baby girl is just a little over 2 months and sometimes she will cry so hard she loses her breath so i blow on her face just a little so she'll catch her breath. but i was just playing with her a little bit ago, and was just blowing barely on her face because it makes her smile. it looked like she would gasp for air sometimes or something. is it bad to blow in a babies face?
I only do it when I need my daughter to swallow something, such as medicine. I'm not sure if it's bad per say, but it definitely takes their breath away. I would talk to her ped about it and see what they say.
When I was a child, I used to play with the next-door neighbor, a girl who had a baby brother.  He was one of those babies whose crying would make him stop breathing, and their mother would say "Blow in his face!" and we would.  It always worked like a charm -- he would immediately take a breath.  We were just kids, so we never questioned the method...this day and age, I'd probably wonder if it was sanitary.  But I don't think it takes their breath away, I think it just changes the breathing dynamic for a moment, either to breathe or to gasp.   (Of course, we never thought to ask if he wouldn't have been just fine if we *didn't* blow in his face.)  You could ask the doctor about the issue of possibly spreading germs to the baby.