Aa
A
A
Close
boy or girl
Can you tell if it is a boy or girl by the heartbeat?  My babys heartbeat was 171 bpm.  Is it true that it is probably a girl?
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Nope. Old wives tale. My little girls heartbeat was 164 at 7wks then in the rest of the pregnancy she stays in the 130's or 140's.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
222234_tn?1216343635
i don't think that they can know, but i heard old women says that baby boys have a stronger heartbeat than babygirls. but i don't believe it.
Comment
Cancel
222234_tn?1216343635
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Both of my boys were in the 140s the entire time.  My friend was told at around 17 weeks she was having a boy.  At 18 weeks, for her check up the heart rate was in the 160s and then doctor just said "I'd be surprised if this is a little boy"  He was right, at 20 weeks it showed girl plain as can be and she is now 36 weeks along with many many u/s (for pregnancy complications) and it's been a girl ever since.Her first girl was also 160s.

Nicki
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My baby is usually around 169bpm and it is a boy.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I don't know about any of you but I always had a very destinct dream one that you woke up going wow!!!  And in that dream I knew the sex of my child and it was right every time. Has anyone else had this happen.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
184024_tn?1272337679
I posted a question about this a while back, pertaining to having dreams of what you were having. Both my mom and I have had a dream in which i had a girl, but I don't know if it's true yet. Hopefully Monday I'll know. It'll be interesting to see if the mother instinct was correct!
Comment
Cancel
184024_tn?1272337679
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My boys started high and they went lower each visit but bounced around 160's to 130's, averaging 150's most often.  With my first one I just knew it was a boy, even my dreams had a baby boy.  My second boy I kinda knew, I started to waiver just before the u/s, but my inital gut instinct was right.  I have had a few dreams recently that I was pregnant again with another boy.  I have pretty much made peace that when I try for my third and last baby it will be a boy, I just can't picture a girl, eve though I would like one.  Weird, huh.  My friend said her little girl came up to her and hugged her one day and told her she was pregnant again and it was a boy.  How freaky!  She had no idea because they were not trying and she was not late yet, had no signs or thoughts that it was a possibility.  We are waiting to see if the gender prediction is right, that would be pretty strange and cool.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My little girl had a hb of 170, so it was true for me, but probably just a coincidence. This baby has a hb from 160-140, but I won;t know what is is for a few weeks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
boy or girl
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952