Maternal & Child Community
brown spotting and really moody

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

brown spotting and really moody

Okay, today's my first post on this sight.  I am 7 wks 2 days pregnant.  When I had my 1st ultrasound at 5.2 wks I thought I was 8 wks but my periods weren't regular and when they measured the sac (no baby yet) I measured at 5.2 wks.  Well, ever since 4 weeks I have had brown spotting on & off.  It has never increased in amount and hasn't changed color.  Sometimes it will disappear for a whole week and then come back on and off.  I'm a bit worried about it but I don't have another appt until June 5.  I've talked to the doctor who said it can go "either way".  I don't have any cramping since 4-5 weeks.  I also have no nausea, no sore boobs, nothing except extreme moodiness and feeling very emotional.  Any advice?  My HCG was at 3197 at 5 weeks but I haven't had any more blood drawn.
The placenta of the embryo burrows deeply into the lining of the uterus as it grows, which can cause some bleeding (not just the implantation bleeding that is the subject of so much hopeful attention) as it goes along.  The blood might sit around between the uterus and its lining and finally get re-absorbed by the body, or they might find a way to leak out a little at a time or a lot at once.  Brown blood is old blood, much less to be concerned about than if you have red blood, a sudden gush, cramping worse than a period, clots, or lower-back pain.  What it sounds like is that you're having a normal early pregnancy.  When my SIL was pregs, she said at about 9 weeks that if she hadn't had a test, she still wouldn't know she was pregnant by the way she felt.  Some people just don't have the dramatic symptoms!  I hope your whole pregnancy is as easy.  Congrats and good luck!
Wow.  I feel a lot better.  Thank you so much!  And luckily, I have had no spotting for 2 days!
Thanks for your encouragment!
I am expecting right about the same time you are-I am 7w6d, and I had brown spotting for almost two weeks, starting around my fifth week.  I agree with the above post.  As long is it is not bright red, it is usually a good sign.  I really don't have many pg symptoms myself.  Just really tired.  No m/s or anything!  Think positve and I'm sure you'll be fine.  Good luck!!
Hi everyone this is my first time on this sight and i just would like to say it has been a great help. I have an 11yr old daughter and I found out last month April that I am pregnant. Nothing like my first. On sunday I had some brown spotting I went to ER thay said the cervix is till closed and I should be on bed rest. On thurs the same thing happened went back to er and the same response. Visited OB on Fri had an u/s the tech. said there is a sac but no embryo and he would like to check in the next two wks. Went to my OB today she wants to schedule a D&C but after reading all these comments about similar situation no one is doing anything to me until I am positive and confident that I am not preg. I have swollen breasts, cravings, tired etc. Thanks guys,