bruise that won't go away
Ok Well my son is almost 6 and was running in the lunchroom about a month ago and fell and got hurt he had a nice size bruise on his face i didn't think much about it considering he was always finding new ways to hurt himself lol well it's been a month now and most of the bruise went away well there is still a small portion that is still rather dark and when i touch it it feels hard it's kind of hard to explain he says it doesn't hurt and i guess i am just wondering what you think it could be i am taking him to the dr on tuesday to get it checked out
I don't know about it being hard, could just be a knot but typically when bruises take forever to go away it's because of anemia. You could take him to get a blood test done to see if he's anemic. That's the only guess I have.
you know i never even thought about that he actually is anemic he is such a picky eater but has been taking iron supplements for it can some medication interfere with iron supplements he is on respiridol, medadate, ritalin, and tenex i bet anyone of those can cause the iron supplements he is taking to not work as well i will ask his dr on tuesday
I think there is always some med that will interfere with another but I'm not sure aobut iron and have no idea what might interfere if there is a med that does. You'll have to ask his doctor.
     I'm not sure if you've already talked to the doc about your son's lump/bruise on his face, but I wanted to say that my son (4 1/2) has the same thing.  It was actually back in Nov 2008 that my son fell and hit his cheek.  It formed a bruise, then a lump.  He's had the lump now for 8 months and the bruise is gone, but I can see little red capillaries.  Back in December my doc said it was a calcified bruise and that it may take a year or more to go away.  It still worries me though and I was wondering if you found out anything from your doctor.
My eight yr old has a bruise on his forehead and its been for months he said he was running and ran into a pole I didn't think too much boys are boys right but I didn't get concern until a bruise on his left cheek formed should I be worrie?