Maternal & Child Community
brusing in neonates

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

brusing in neonates

here is my problem my childrens biological father broke my step daughters leg when she was 6 months old the doctors said this injury was a greenstick spiral fracture now from what i know that needs pressure in oppisite directions in a turning motion the doctors never waited for brusing to appear my question is can brusing in the neonate have appeared after the cast was applied covering the brusing please help he still gets to see the childern and he is the monstor that broke a babys leg
I have no advice for the problem but would like to say I am shocked he still gets to see them and the ******* should have his leg broken. Good Luck!! Ginger
The bruise could have most certainly shown up after the cast was put on. Some people take a while to show a bruise and to be honest I can't ever remember seeing a bruise on a baby younger than 5 months or so (but that doesn't mean it can't happen).

I would also be terrified. Is the court aware of the fracture? Have they received the doctor's report? While a greenstick fracture is very common in young children (their bones are still quite soft, even at the age of 6 when I broke my finger it was a greenstick) but to have the spiral does seem to indicate some sort of twisting.

Hopefully you have an attorney who may better be able to advise you on this situation.

Good Luck!

Andrea
Actually, is there a good reason this man still is allowed to see his child unsupervised?

My ex just took my daughter on the scene of a car accident and I am getting the custody arrangement modified. If they will modify it for me for that, surely a court will modify your wife's such that the children either have supervised visits or shortened visitation time. (As a side note, my cousin has her custody arrangement modified to read that the children can only go on overnights with their father at HIS parents home-paternal grandparents-although he doesn't live with them, he has his own place, he just isn't allowed to take the kids there, maybe that would work in your situation?)

Othere than that, if you truly feel your step child is in danger when she is with this man, talk to an attorney ASAP. If the cost overwelms you, remember you can get a judgement against him for attorney's fees. Worse case scenerio, he pays you the attorney's fees. Best case scenerio, he doesn't pay and either 1. doesn't excersise visitation at all to avoid conflict or 2. you press charges and he goes to jail.
I'm surprised that a greenstick fracture in a child this age was not immediately reported to the authorities.  Perhaps it was and I just missed that fact in your post.  

If it wasn't reported, take your child to the MD following the injury now, and demand that it be reported.  Someone HAS to be following up on the fracture, cast, and child's medical care.