Maternal & Child Community
can I be pregnant and still have menstrual cycles?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I went to the doctor several months ago feeling pregnant only to find out that i have hypothyroid.  2 months later, i was feeling little flutters and movement so I went back and had an ultrasound to make sure i was not pregnant because i am having menstrual cycles every month.  the ultrasound tech spent maybe all of one minute on the ultrasound and said i was fine.  this was just an urgent medical place not an OBGyn.  the doctor told me it could just be muscle spasms and possibly gas and I am sure he thought i was psychosomatic or something but he claimed i should not worry as long as i am not in any pain.  It is  a month and a half later and those flutter movements are still occuring  along with those flips or rolls you would normally feel during mid to late pregnancy.  I am 30 years old with two of my own children I think I know the difference between gas and baby movement. I know this is not "in my head"  the only time i have ever felt anything like this has been when i am pregnant.
  I have tried to pretend its not happening but the movement is frequently through the day and very strong and extremely hard to ignore.  My question is could i really be pregnant and still be having a period every month Or could this be related to the thyroid medication?   this paticular doctor said it is not common to have a period when you are pregnant but i do not believe that is true.  am i right?  if this is not pregnancy then please tell me what could possibly be moving inside of me  to this magnitude.
I cannot offer an answer on this, but I can suggest you get into a new doctor. Either find an OB or go into the ER, someone is bound to do a better u/s.

You cannot actually have a "period" when pregnant. Well all know the physiology behind this. Women can experience bleeding or spotting that in their mind is a cycle. But you are not actually having your period unless you have 2 uteri working independently of each other : )

That sai, I will stick with the advice to find new doctor or a good local ER.

Andrea
Hi..I had a baby 10 months ago, and for the first 6 months I had my period. It is possible, I lived with it.
This is more of a question than a comment.... me and my boyfriend have been tryin to have a baby for 6 months and nothings happening...recently(last 2 months) my period (which has always been a full week) has only been 4-5 days... is it possible that i am pregant? im 19 and hes 26 so we are both still young but this baby thing isnt happening for us and its getting really frustarting for the both of us does anyone have any suggestions?
Kitty what it could be is stress, you and your boyfriend need to relax and be calm and take it easy, do a candle light dinner and maybe even a nice dessert, if you know the thing I am getting at than us that.  OR just see a doctorthey could give you more information.
i think i might be pregnant but i have my period. the only thing is it has been real heavy for the last three days when it is only usually heavy the first day and really bright red. it was 10 days late and my cramps weren't nearly as strong as usual. i have been told that some people can still get their period while pregnant but im not too sure. i already have a son but im thinking this pregnancy may be different because i had a c-section with him a little over 3 years ago. what should i do - i want to go to the ER today after work but i don't want to look stupid claiming to be pregnant with a period
OBGYN's can tell you if you are pregnant or not even if you have bleeding.  Get second opinion if you feel that strong.  You probably aren't getting a period cycle while pregnant like Still-andi said, but many women have bleeding during pregnancy.  And even more rare a double uterus.
Why the hell are people responding to posts from 2003?  I seriously doubt the original poster is still waiting for an answer.
You are so right!!!!!!!!

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I started having my regular cycle on June 11, It has not stopped, my Dr. did an ultrasound and he was able to see the sac and the yoke, he said looks like I am doing great. He increased my progestrone to 200mlg a day, still bleeding. He said I realeased 2 eggs but only one was fertilized and I am shedding the other, Its 3 weeks later should the egg be gone by now, Still bleeding and alittle emotional and tired.  By the way tubes untied 2 years ago and have been trying for a year.  Pregnant with femara

Any advise
To me it doesn't seems like anyone is answering qestions from 2003.
blu'd ladie posted her own situation that is from 2007. you should pay more attention before giving out your advice..We are already having emotional problems as it is we don't need your help with that.
Have 2 kids now you think that you know it all..............................

Getting back to the question my God Mother was pregnant and had a regular monthly period until she was 6 months and had a healthy baby. So it can happen but remember that everybodies body is different.

To make sure what is going on with you I think that you should go to the Dr. and let them do a pt so that you can be fore sure...

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just had a baby 2months ago but havent started my period yet is that normal?? i had all the bleeding for a month after but that ended at the first part of july...
I nursed for 10 months...and did not start my period until the very day I stopped nursing.  So I would say it is normal if you are nursing to not have started your period yet.  Enjoy it while its gone...lol.
Yes it is very common now adays to be pregnant and still get your period for the first 6 months. Im more on the overweight side so when I went in to take a yearly exam I was shocked to find out I was 5 1/2 months pregnant. Sad how a period now a days really dosnt mean your not pregnant. But once again every body is different
Hey girly I decided to go back and write you letting you know I used your password to post my experiences up. Hope you dont mind. Love always- Fatima

Ps Does anybody know how I can delete a previous message that I posted??
I stared spotting 10 days b4 my period was due. I period is like closk work. Never before 28 days. I 've been spotting off and on for 5 days now. Light cramping. I did have sex with BF, noe it seems like my period is starting. Sorry to be so graphic but...I have heavy bleeding the first 2 days usully with clotting. I'm having steady bright red bleeding, not my normal type of cramps which can be gruesome and no clotting. Could I still be pregnant even though I'm having my period...sort of at least?
Ive been having pregnancy sypmtoms for the last 2 weeks,headaches, tiredness, dizziness, had spotting 10 days after ovulation and regular trips to the bathroom. Now i started my period today and it is light at the moment but still have the feeling that i may be pregnant. Can i still have vaginal bleeding and  be pregnant? should i wait until after my period before a take another home pregnancy test as my first home pregnancy test came back negative.

Any suggestions girls? please help me. A XX
the above comment is to anyone by the way. A XX
I wonder if anyone can help me, me and my bf have been trying for a baby and was due on the around the 18-19 december normally like clockwork, i had a pink discharge only after i weed and wiped from about the 19th but no blood i had a few symptoms like feeling sick, tired, tender breats i did a home pregnancy test on the 22nd and it was negitive, then on the 24th dec i had blood but it wasnt like my normal monthly cycle.  That then stopped after about 4 days and finshed around the 27-28 but i still had pinkish discharge only when i wiped then nothing, then yesterday i kept noticing a pinkish discharge again when i wiped.

Is it possible that i am pregnant - and when would it be best to retest?

PLEASE ANY ADVISE WOULD BE HELPFUL.

K x
Sounds like your pregnant to me. I've had 3 pregnancies, one miscarriage and am preg again. Sometimes you don't have enough hormone in your system to count positive in those home tests right away.. doen't mean your not pregnant. I light spotting happens too. The missed per is the big giveaway girl.
after having unprotected sex the last week of jan, on the 3 i had my period but only for 4 days and noticed it wasn't heavy as usual. my next period was due on 27-28 but came 6 days late but the bleeding is like 1 pad/day and very light. am having breast tenderness and feel bitterish in my throat and feverish. am wondering if i could be pregnant. waiting for tuesday to go see the dr.

PLS I WOULD NEED YOUR ADVICE

PLS I WOULD NEED YOUR ADVICE
i had my period a week ago but before it started i was 5 days late, did do the test and it was negative. Period is over but i feel dizzy time to time and feel very sensitive to some perfumes, washing up liquids and even food. Does it mean i am pregnant?
something I never understood is why people are so rude about posting to old threads.  Obviously someone is needed to revisit it, or try to figure out their situation with a similar theme.  Back off and do not be so critical of others, no one appreciates it.
Wondering if anyone can give me any advice. My period was 5 days late and was very light and only lasted 2 days compared to my normal period thats quite heavy and lasts 5/6 days. I've been having symptoms of pregnancy (sore boobs. headaches, frequent trips to the toilet, runny nose, nausea). I have done a test and it was negative but developed a purple line a bit later on. I'm taking this as an evap line but just wondering if there is a chance i may be pregnant or if i'm just wishful thinking. If i'm pregnant i would be about 5 1/2 weeks now.

Any advice would be very appreciated.
TAKE ANOTHER TEST!!!!!!!!  :)  That's the best advice I think anyone can give you at this point.  And call your Dr's office also, to schedual an appointment if that comes out positive.  
It could be that your HCG is not built up enough for an immidiate positive, but lots of women have that happen, where a test is not an instant positive until later on.  

Hope that helps!  :)
i dont think you can  have a period. i have two already and on my third. but i do believe you can have spotting. for awhile atleast. hmm i think you should get another doctor.

best wishes.
Ok..........Could I be pregnant? Last month I was 11 day's late and on day 10 I only had spotting only when I wiped. Then on day 11 I started but it was nothing like my normal period.My normal cycle's usually last 7-8 day's and this time it was only 5 day's with no clotting which I usually have. Took 2 hpt and both neg and took a blood test on day 11 and that was neg too. But I'm still having pain where my right ovary is my clothes are getting tighter, boob's are tender and I'm tired. I do have an apt on July 7th but was just looking for someone's opion.

if a blood test said negative theni would say your not pregnant
hi... im 16(yes i know i am VERY young) i had unprotected sex with my ex boyfriend about a month ago and for some reason i seem to think i am pregnant! my period was due between the 21st and 23rd of august... it just started today..... a week late. Before i started my breast were very tender, i was very sensitive to food, like i couldnt eat very much at a time or else i felt very sick, my sense of smell was sensitive as well, i was have little pains in my stomache and was very tired, now that i am on my period now i still am not sure if i am pregnant or not... is there still a possibility that i could be? everyone is telling me that i cannot be pregnant becuz even though my period was delayed just over a week, i still got it and they all say there is no way i could be pregnant, i remain unconvinced... is there anyone older who may have gone through the same thing i am experienceing and actually was pregnant? im thinking about going to my doctors on tuesday and getting a blood test done and asking for an u/s just to be sure... if there is anyone who can help me with information please email me... ***@****
Hi I'm am 30years old, I am a mother of 2 boys 14 and 8. About three years ago I had a miscarriage. And I have not been sexually active until recently. I have had irregular menstrual cycles in the past because of my weight problem. But I lost weight and my periods have been regular for the past 6 months my last period was on November 16th that was the first day of my cycle. In December I did not get a period until January 4th where I started bleeding a very light and pinkish brownish blood.And that lasted about three days. But about a week before I was having a heavy discharge kinda yellowish and slimy. Also my face is really swollen and I have had a lot of gas and bloat feeling I have been eating so much more and have been a little constipated. As well as frequent urination. I have broken out in my face with pimples around the nose area. I have gain weight and my lower back has been bothering me. I remember with my children that I did get a very light last period with their pregnancy. But I am a little unsure about this one. On this past Friday I took an EPT home pregnancy test and it came out negative. On December 26th I took a blood pregnancy test and that was negative. So I am wondering, could I be pregnant? Or it might be a little too soon to tell? Can someone please give me a reply....Thanks.
If you are asking if your pregnant from your Nov. period, I would have to say no probably not, the blood test in December would have been more than enough time for an accurate test.  
then what might been the cause of the bleeding jan 4 a light bleeding and spotting for 3 days and why am i having all this little symtoms (symptoms) like peeing alot,gas and feeling bloated
i have a question:
in january i thought i was pregnant but i had just went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and the doctor said i was most definantly not pregnant. so i just ignored it but i noticed that my breast were changing colors but i thought it was just me but then my period never came on so i decided i'd wait til february so i waited and finanlly my period came on but then i started noticing that my areolas really were turning dark. after that i went to my grandmothers house and she has stairs and as i was walkin up the stairs i would get so short of breath like i had been runnin a marathon. week by week it was something different. i was watchin tv and i was gettin ready to fix me something to eat cause i was so so so hungry and all of a sudden i got dizzy ( i was sittin down) and my head was hurtin real bad and after i ate after 4 hrs i was fine. then i would get those headaches and they would start messin with my eyes so i went to the emergency room, they didn't really check me cause i have no insurance but they told me i was sufferin from migranes (migraines) ( the nurse thought it was unusal but the doctor seemed like she didn't care). so i started eatin a lot and it got better but as soon as i eat a small meal or wait a while the headache comes right back and i'm not talkin bout a regular headache, my head be poundin. around that time i was sleepin like i had been workin for 2 days straight with no break, and plus my mother been givin me that look. i had stopped eatin so much cause everytime i would eat i would get so full, and i would stay full for longer than usual so i went to the clinic last week and they said i wasn't pregnant so i asked the nurse could she give me a blood test but since my period had came on she seemed like she was so sure but the only reason i asked for it because when my mother was pregnant with me she had to get a blood test done in order for them know she was pregnant. but the nurse told me to come back in two weeks. i believe the nurse was wrong cause i really can't explain the areolas part but in somes way she could be right because i had no real symptoms ( like morning sickness). i really don't know where to begin or what questions to ask.
i'm tryna wait to see if my period comes on this month. I'm just confused.
I just had my first baby 5 months ago. After he was born i got my period on a regular basis the 18th-22nd. My last normal period was February. This month i didnt get when i was suppose to. I took 2 home pregnancy tests one thursday the 19th and friday the 20th. They both came back positive. Then late afternoon sunday the 22nd i started bleeding.. not like a normal period. I dont usually use pads but since the bleeding occurred i been using 1/day. Its now tuesday and im still bleeding. I have no pain or feeling of illness. But the day i started bleeding i took another test one of the digital ones and it said negative. Im confused. My normal period since i had my son i get severe crampiong for the first day and its moderate bleeding. Im know i was pregnant the clinic told me that they dont come out unless you are. I made my appt to comfirm it for april. so im not sure if im having bleeding thru this pregnancy or if i am having an early miscarriage. I never bled with my son. But this bleeing is bright red and there is no clotting. Should i keep my appt.? Please Help!
me and my boyfriend have been trying for a baby, about 2 weeks ago i felt sick every morning and sometimes through the day, my abdominal felt strange if u get me? i have had back ache for 3 weeks but i have done 3 home pregnancy tests plus one at the doctors then i started my period on the 14Th of this month but it was very heavy but bright red not like a usual one and also had some blood clots. now am still kinda bleeding but just spotting, i feel sick and still have period like pains. could i be pregnant?
So I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend the 7-10 of july of last month then on the 10th of july got my regular period. I got my period this month the from 5th-10th, five days which usually last 7 days . And now I'm spotting. I've been spotting for 2 days now and I just ended my period last Monday. I've been getting headaches and dizziness but the two pregnancy tests that I took came out negative. Could I be pregnant or is there something else going on with me?
hi there i normal have my cycle like clock work every 28days, however this month it came 5days late , i had very much got preg signs so i done hpt,s they were neg, ive since been to my gp had  bloods done awaiting results, the thing is my mum had her cycle for a number of months while preg, could i b preg? ive still all the signs an they seem very much the same as when i was preg 7yrs ago. i cant sleep or settle yes id love a baby but like alot of people wait is nitemare.

thankyou
My nan had her period all the way two pregnancies, and one of those she was having twins and the doctor even missed that!!

Insist they test you again.
hi thankyou for your comment, i also had twins 7yrs ago any preg test only got faint lines at 6wks an before that nothing came up . thanks again for answering
hi there was just wonder does anyone no anything herbal thats good to help fertility.

thankyou
ok, had period aug 1st usually lasts 3-5 days.  had sex on the 7th.  condom slippped off after he came without us realizing.  maybe was off about 5 minutes?  i've had extreme bloating for about 2-3 wks.  started as feeling like the worst pms i've had.  i wasn't supposed to get my period until sept 1st or so, but i started spotting monday aug 24th (only 21 days later) and 25th.  only wore a tampon on the 25th but barely needed it.  26th had one wipe where it had some minor clotting.  27th nothing 28th slight pinkish when wiping same next 2 days.  in all of this i've had some pretty intense cramping which i never get. enough that it woke me up and kept me up at 5 am. i feel like i had 1 day of a light period and the rest was spotting.  been extremely nauseaus.  still reandomly crampy.  took hpt last night and this morning both negative.  i'm not sure if it's too early to test, and especially considering i guess i've technically had a period.  it's just all very strange.  haven't been able to finish my workouts for fear of throwing up.  when i noticed how much the smell of raw salmon got to me, i started to wonder.  (i eat salmon all the time, it's the first i've smelled it so much) it made my stomach churn.  i called my ob since i'm supposed to be getting tonsils out next week. (yes, i'm 30, how unfair huh?) i didn't know if it's possible to be pregnant still.  wasn't sure if it's too early to tell.  it seemed like it was more blood than what the usual implanting process sounds like.   i find it hard to believe i am, considering the facts at hand here.  but looking at what my body has been doing lately... something doesn't fit.  my ob didn't seem concerned when i called.  but she also hasn't seen me.  i'm just concerned about being put under if for some very mere chance i did get pregnant.
i trying to see if i could be pregnant. over the past two weeks i have been craving salt and vingar chips, i have been having back aches and sleeping 8  to 10 hours a day. my boobs are sore and feel heavy. i have been going to the bathroom every 30 minutes. i had sex on the 24th of august. could i be pregnant? ***@****
Hi Everyone i should be about 1 - 2 months pregnant and i was late about 2 to 3 weeks on my period..... I took a hpt and it was positive and a couple days later i started spotting first light pink and then the next couple of days it got darker and darker and eventually clotts.... Am I pregnant or what im still on my period right now. its been about 5 days now... Could someone give me some advice im afraid to go to the er and look crazy sayin oh hey i took a pregnacy tet and now im having my period... but im gonna go tomorrow i think.

Any Advice Will Help.................Please Someone Give Me Some Advice.. I'm very happy about this i've been trying for a year almost.
Also i only use like 1 pad a day the bleeding mostly occur when i'm urinating.... basically thats the only time
I would make an appointment with a doctor and get a blood test done to see if you are pregnant.  Good Luck!
Hi, i'm a 17 yr. old teen...and plz don't tell me that i'm young and to use protection(b-cuz i always do and did!) I think i may b prego..the symptoms that i have are: feeling dizzy, want to puke, headaches, back pains, cramps, very tired(ALL THE TIME!), very sensitive to the smells of food! I jus really need advice here! My boyfriend is very supportive and i've been stressing alot on school and other stuff! He is telling me to b-careful jus in case...i'm am suppost to take a test in my school's clinic tomarrow...i want to know if they give blood test? the other problem is, i'm experiencing regular bleeding! it's a bright red and sometimes there's blood-clots. i wanna know if it's better to take a blood test or a regular home test? I jus really need someone's help...if i am, i don't know wat to tell my mom! thanx :)
Let us know what the test says. I have some similar symptoms too and i'm also bleeding red but its not like my normal periods. :/
I think I might be pregnant, my boyfriend, now my ex, had tried the pull ot method. He is really expereinced so I had thought it would be fine, I didn't really know considering it was my first time and all. Well later on I began to feel sick to my stomach like I was going to vomit, then my boobs began to be sensitive, I've been really hungry, sleepy, runny nose, bloating, peeing more often, cravings, mood swongs, backaches, movement, dizziness, and my tummy has been feeling hard. A few days ago I started to get cramps, and today I got what seems to be a period. Could I still be pregnant? Should I tell my ex, we don't talk anymore?
It sounds like it may be just a regular period.  Did it come on time?    
I had sex on December 15 and I took a test on the 28 and it came up negative and on the 30i started my period but it wasn't as heavy and it only lasted three days and I usual go for a week and I still have cramps and my stomach is very tight on the lower part could I still be pregnant?
No it came early, I had thought it came late but it's early. The blood has been on and off for the last two days.
to anybody in the situation of having periods whilst pregnant........ yes it is always possible to have themm i myself had 5 periods when pregnant with my first child so did not know until i was about 5 and half months when i went to the docs. also when i was in hospital with my 3rd there was a lady in there who didnt know at all that she was pregnant until it came to her giving birth as not only did she have periods she never showed any signs at all of being pregnant. she thought she had really bad stomack cramps that she could nt explain. so it does happen... i hope this puts u at ease a little bit
I've been bloated for the past seven days and had shortness of breath, the bloated feeling gets worst when i place anything on my stomach, i look like i'm months pregnant, am i pregnant? I usually have my period every 28 or 29 days like clock work, I feel down on day 31 it came on 32 day,  Can any body relate to this.
ive been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for  months now..my peiod usually goes for a straight week. the past 2months has only been 3-4 days and sometimes the first day is extremely light.ive taken 3 pregnancy test and they all show up negative. but im almost positive i am. im also having every symptom possible. i was supposed to start my cycle the 27 of last week instead i started in the first.. could i be pregnant???? please help
Well I don't know when I came off the pill for a number of months I has very strong pregnancy feelings before every period so I wouldn't go just on that, when I did get pregnant thefeeling wernt half as strong as what I was experiencing
I'm a 27yr. Old mother of 2. And I've been spotting for a week now could I be pregnant. Please help me.
oka so I'm 19 I live wit my nd and we haven't ever used protection..anyways I missed my period for like two weeks almost and started today I'm cramping extremely bad plus its rele dark
Can anyone give me advice plz
I have pregnancy symptoms for the last 3weeks today I start spotting I think its my period but I'm late so I don't know
Hi! I have 11children and this is my 1st pregancey that I ve had any bleeding or spotting on and off. I just want it to stop, as is said every preganacey is different. Yes test is positive. Im preying that all will be well through out to the finish. Yes today I get my first visit with an obgyn.
hi, im 17 and looking for answers, my fiance and i had unprotected sex 3 days before my period this month. my period was irreguler and had very little clotting. for the past couple weeks ive been feeling nausiated and overly tired with slight body aches. could i be pregnant?
could i be pregnant?
hi im 17 (yes im young) about 16 days ago i had my period, it was short and had very little clotting, a week bore that my fiance and i had unprotected sex... for the last week i have been feeling nausiated overly tired, and slighty sore all over. could i be pregnant?
i was on my employers routine med test when i was told iwas weakly positive, which was to my suprise . i carried out d test eslse where and  d result was the same weakly positive! now i m running my period . am i bleeding from miscarriage ? i reluctant  2 c a Gyn, any 1 dere to help . ur advice is appreciated
I had the implant in my arm for 3 years after my son. its been about 2 and a half months sense it has been removed and my fiance and I have been trying. I started feeling really sick, tired and extremly emotional about a month ago and it has sense got stronger. I didnt start my period so took a test amd it was positive but showed up light. after being 3 weeks late on my period I started today. what should I do???
yes it is normal i dont know how normal but my mother is a mother of 8 kids and when she  was pregnat with my brother under me she bleed through out the whole entire pregnancy he was also a triplet while bleeding she lost 2 she had to be put on bed rest. i also have a second cuz who was preg and she and both the dr thought she had lost the baby but she had not she started bleeding when she was like 3 months along and 7 months later she had a healthy little boy but because you might be with child and bleeding i would go to the hospital and have them do a blood test to test your hormones if that comes back good then i would go to the dr and have them figure out what is best for you and your baby. that way it makes you feel more at rest. and you both stay healthy.
                                                                      good luck hon
please can some one tell me some thing i had a one night stand in January just after i had sex with him i had my periods the next day the in February i had my periods again but then had sex with him after my periods  and felt pregnant who is the baby's father. help
Hi every1...i need sumones help i think i might be pregnet but im not sure cuz i had my period just in time n it was regular i had less cramps this time witch was kinda weird...i took 3 pregnacy test but they were all negative idk wut to do shud i go for a check up with an OB????
Becuz ive been feelin tired,sleepy,sore,hungry,n sumwut of dizziness..its been 2 weeks since i had sex....n im only 17 yrs old o need help z
I had an unprotective sex a while back so i havent take a test 2 c if am preg or not,am stl havin my periods so am wondering if its possible dt i cn b preg or wat?pls enlighten me
Hello I've been pregnant twice...the first one abortion & the second a miscarriage...I had a regular period in May but didn't have one in June...I started spotting like June 27th up to July 4 & started my period today July 5 being 9 days late...along with prego symptoms I took a hpt yesterday & it was positive & also took one today thats still positive...my period is pretty heavy w/ blood clotts & bad cramps as usual on the first day...Im for sure that its possible to have a period while pregnant but my other two pregnancies I didn't have one...I'm going to see me obgyn but until then I'm confused of what's going on so if anyone have any advice I would appreciate your help
My last cycle was 4/28/2011 and I started spotting 5/14-5/16 and my cycle was due for 5/30 but it came 6/9. My cycle was regular but Im wondering why I was spotting. I never had that before. Could I be pregnat?
Ok here is my question!!!..  ok i missed my period for may but it came on june 1-3..den spotting!..then i started having signs of pregnancy like throwing uppp terrible head achs diarrah peeing alot eating alot soar breast cramps in my lower right stomach so i took a hpt and it came up negative but i also smoke  so my brother said that can mess up a test even doe i didnt stop smoking then i took 3 more hpts and they all came up negative!.. so i went to the doctor and told him what was happenin and i also told him i took the test and it came up negative so he didnt give me another he pushed my stomach dwn and it hurtt so much!.. and then he listend wid that heart thingy {sorry i dnt remember the name} and then he told me i might have gasistrontitis because he had alot of people yesterday with the samething?.. but what does that have to do with me??. anyway he didnt give me another test nor did he use a u/s with me my period came on this month also but still unusally it came on the 12-14 ... please give me some advice!. And i knt sleep on my stomach bekuz it hurts!!
Hello! i really need help with this!

Im only 17 so i dont know at all about this so the people that may just be guessing please dont give me wrong advise nd make me go crazy...
well its been 7 months sense the last time i had any kind of sexual relationships nd i have been getting my period all along till this point but sense the past like 2 to 3 month i have been having some of those symptoms, like my boob  have been getting bigger nd a little painful to touch my stomatch has been getting a bit bigger i hadnt been this big, also been really tired and sleepy, not in good mood or swimming moods and i have never had a feeling or movement like everyone says they feel. Im really scared to go to the doctor and know that i am... so please i need advise
can i be pregnant and still have my period for 7 months?????
Why would you be scared to see a doctor? Pregnancy isn't something you just put on the back burner and hope things turn out ok. You need treatment if you are pregnant. Not having it jeopardizes not only your health, but your babies life.

As for if you're actually pregnant, I very much doubt it. You do NOT have a period while pregnant. You can bleed, but this is NOT a period. It's just bleeding. You need to see a doctor. It doesn't matter if you're scared, you have to know. Speculation is worthless, and no one will be able to tell you on the internet if you're truly pregnant or not.

By the way, why does your profile say you're 15 but you state your age as 17?
HEY WHY HAVENT NO ONE ANSWER ME YET :( ?
thanks for responding
nd well im scared to actually find out that i am and didnt know before nd realise i have done something to hurt it...
nd well i know yur period doesnt come when yu are actually pregnant.. but ok like yu say yu only bleed how long does that bleeding last or what?? does it seem like an actual period or what?? but yea i think going to the doctor is the best thing..

because when i was making the profile i clicked that thing but i think i fixed it
It really depends on the female. I never bled while pregnant, so I have no experience in it.
I have read most of these comments and im still unsure of myself. i stopped BC in Feb of this year and have been trying since then.  On july 6 ( my day of ovulation) me and my fiance had unprotected sex twice. on the 13th of July I started experincing and STILL expereincing : Cramping in lower pelvic area, night sweats, staying up until 5 am consistantly, sore and darkening of my nipples, swollen boobs, white discharge, dark yellow urine, Gaggin (nausea?), Undies very wet almost soaked by end of work day, Hot flashes, Gasssss, aches and tension in my back. i say all of this to say that today the 21st at 5 am i started bleeding. it is very bright red but not coming down like my normal period would. Im still cramping and have not stopped since the 13th. I have been gagging all day and have used the bathroom at least 4 times today. I took a PT on 15th and 17 of july and got 2 BFN... what the hell is going on with me ?? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INPUT!! im going to take another PT tommorow .....
Hello everyone...my fiance and I are TTC. I have had my normal period for the past 3 months since I've been off BC. It has been only late once and that was this past time. But my problem is, I've gained 10 pounds, I feel drained, I have cravings and my sense of smell is A LOT stronger. I'm wanting to know if you can have your normal, heavy period and still be pregnant? Something just doesnt feel right about my body. Thank you!
hi,im trying to figure out am i pregnant..me and my fiance' had sex sep 21, sept 24, which i believe to be me fertile days. i started spotting oct 5th, and my perioid wasnt suppose to be until the 10th or 11th..today was the 2nd day and it has been heavy... also back in aug i was in a car accident and broke my femur and had to  get surgery. a couple days later i came on my period and it only last for 2 days.. could i have been pregnant???
HI THERE I NEED SOMEONE,S HELP ? I AM TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND I AM HAVING SOME SYMPTOMS, LIKE SORE BREAST AND NIPPLES SINCE ABOUT 3 WEEKS, AND FLUID COMING FROM MY NIPPLES FROM ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF. , MY FINGER NAILS ARE GROWING QUICKER. I ATE SOMETHING AND I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO VOMIT. AND STOMACH SICK. I AM GOING TO THE BATHROOM ALOT LATELY. BUT I THINK I STARTED MY PERIOD IS THERE ANY CHANCE I COULD STILL BE PREGNANT ????? PLEASE HELP THANK YOU
Hello everyone, I am new to this . I am 22 and me and my fiance have been trying to conceive....I feel like I have had the symptoms. For instance my period was due on Oct. 15, but it came on the 17. I thought no biggie except it was acting like it was goin off it was brown and barely got on underwear. than for the nxt five days it was slightly more red but still very light. Nothing like my normal cycle. So that spotting lasted a total of 6 days with no pain what so ever which i ALWAYS have to take some type of medicine. I took a test and it showed up negative so I didnt stress it. But than the nxt day my nipples got really sore not so much my actual breast, i started frequently urinating and irritable. Unfortunately on Oct. 30th i wiped and a pink discharge was on it and nothing else. than the nxt day (Oct. 31st) i wiped and it was still pinkish and thick. but now it got heavier but still no pain. So today (Nov 1st) i went to my gynecologist and she took another urine test still negative :( but she thought it was weird for me also to bleed so often in one month. and she stated my cervix was still open...... Could i be pregnant still??????
Hi, I'm 18 and my fiancee and I have been trying to conceive. We've only tried for 3 months, but my menstrual cycle is always smack on 28 days. The last period I had was 4 days late, and the one before that was a day early. I have never taken birth control, (I've heard that can affect timing of your period) and I've been experiencing weird symptoms these past 2 months. I took a pregnancy test last month and the month before, but both turned up negative. I have experienced HUGE increase in appetite, especially this past week, headaches, (although not lately) fatigue, stomach pain, back pain and weird discharges. The first month I experienced a pink discharge when I wiped, and then a kind of brownish discharge in my underwear. Then last month I experienced a yellow-green discharge. I also have slight breast tenderness when the nipples are touched, and they are also very dry and skin is flaky when scratched. I don't know if that because of saliva (my fiancee likes to suck on them, sorry for the TMI, but I really really want to know what's going on with my body) I had frequent urination last month, and then constipation this month. My next period should be in 8 days, but I have no idea if I should take a test now, wait until after, or go into the doctors. Any help woul be greatly appreciated, and since I know I probably won't check back here for a while, if you want you can e-mail me at lisa_elska***@****
I have clear liquid coming out nipple and feel movement in stomach. But my test says negative wht could it be?? I also on period so im confused.
Clear comes out nipple feel movement in stomach but I took test it says negative so & my period is on I threw up twice like 2weeks ago & that was it.wht does it means
I dont know the exact date i was supposed to start my period but i know for a fact i was gonna start my period because i always have heavy cramping before and after my period and i was starting to get heavy cramping and sore breasts so my boyfriend and i wanted to have sex before i started my period and we did it without a condom and he came inside me and i didnt take plan b and its been five days since we did it and three days ago i had a tin ytiny tiny blood stain in my underwear but didnt start and ive noticed cloudy discharge every time i pee which isnt normal for me and i just noticed a slight tint of light pink when i wipedand the next time i went to the br there was a light pink spot in my underwear. And now this morning when i woke up there was a light red blotch of blood in my underwear but usually when i get my period i never spot before an dwhen my period does arrive its very heavy and is typically darker in color not light red. I also noticed that ive had trouble eating lately meaning i havent really felt hungry and when i am i cant really finish cause i start to feel sick. Plus the other day at the store i smelled chocolate really strong and was wondering where it was coming from then i realized i was standing next to boxes of hot chocolate but they werent evem open. Am i just going crazy or could i be pregnant? experiencing heavier ramping at the moment but could i still be pregnant?
I'm 28 years old and I pretty sure that I am pregnant my body is changing.  My breast are bigger, swollen, feel heavier/fuller, my stomach is tight and bigger, some nausea and starving all the time, craving foods I don't usually eat.  I was positive but yesterday I started bleeding and so I read some stuff on line and they said that implantation bleeding is pink/brown.  My bleeding is red but it's not as heavy as my usually period and doesn't seem as thick this bleeding is thin and doesn't really have any smell.  I'm freaking out this will be my first child if I am pregnant.  Can anyone advise me please! Help!!!!!!!!
Hi, my name is Jane and I have been having all kinds of pregnancy symptoms. Sickness throughout the day, tired, emotional, eating alot, all of that but I have been having a very irregular bleeding for about a month now, on and off, heavy then light. Very strange. I was on the depo shot and have been off of it for about 5 months now. Am I pregnant or is the depo giving me side affects from being off it? Can you bleed that way and still be pregnant? Someone please help me.
I just got over strep throat and a stomach virus. I my period normally comes around the 19th-22th it norally last for 3 to 5 days. My husband pulls out. We are not trying to have a baby. Could i possibly be pregnant? Or could i have just skipped my period because i was sick? I am 6 or 7 days late
i havent had a period in almost 2 months but for 5months i would bleed for 2wks then stop for a wk and have had 5 neg hpt what should i do please hepl and thanh you for the advice
Come on Ladies! Follow up on your post. It would be helpful! Just as much as u wanted answers ,others who are going thru the same thing do too... Thank u so much, God Bless!
Hello i had a unprotected sex back in july 8th which only lasted a few seconds but it was around the time i was most fertile so i ended up taking plan b on the 11th. I had never taken any type of hormones before so i feel like it took a toll on my body MAYBE??

Well my period was 2 days late on july but right on time and even a day early for the next couple of months BUT i've had pregnancy symptoms since july like cramps lower back pains and recently more hunger and frequent urination.

Since July i've taken a LOT of home pregnancy tests and in august 11th i had a blood test done at my doctor's. I had yet another blood test done today Nov 30th and will get my results on Dec 1st

My expected period should be here on Dec 4th but i feel a lot of what feels like muscle twitches and i haven't been drinking a lot of water like i should and normally do maybe that's why i feel hungry more often??

i would appreciate any experiences or advise Thanks :)
This is not a comment, its a question but I don't know where else to ask besides the doctors. I had unprotected sex beginning of november and I should have got my period the weekend after, although I didn't. I was 2 weeks and 3 days late until I got my period last night it is not light bleeding, it is like a normal period. I took a home pregnancy test and the doctors pregnancy test they were both negative. I have been having symptoms though, and my doctor said the night I had sex was one the easiest days for my to concieve (conceive) and my hormone could just not be high enough for it to show that I'm pregnant on the results. is there still a chance I could be pregnant?
I had my period on the 7-12 of November it was only 6 days an then 21 days later I have my period again from the 3-11 of December witch was weird an now I'm having cramping in my lower stomach an I'm very tired all the time my breast are pretty sore I'm peeing more than I usually do an I'm hungry more often.  I had unprotected sex both times after my period .. I'm only 17 .
i started my period last month on the 20 of Nov,I had  unprotected sex on the 3 of DEC and a week later my breast started to get  bigger, swollen, feel heavier and they hurt alot. but today i started to bleed i dont know if its my period.it started with a light pick color and now its like dark red im having really bad cramps and i still feel like if im preg i have a 10 year old daughter and i didnt had this symptom with her and now i need to know if im prego or not cause i feel real wear never been thrught this befor..pls tell me wat this mean cause not event the doctor know all they did was a urine sample and they said i was not prego i think its to soon to find out but whit the symptom im having i think im but not to sure..it's possible i could be prego...
I sam my period the last of november into december,ended at about the 5th and now my period came again today so I don't understand this,can someone tell me what's wrong,could I be pregnant or had a miscarriage
I've been having symptoms that I could be pregnant and even movements and along with that firm lower stomach but then I'm still have my periods every month but not as heavy as they use to be so could I be pregnant??? (& I hope wen I tell my bf I hope he doesn't tell me oh how wen I pull out(the pull out method isn't 100% accurte)  
Hi my name is Marjorie ok I had a 3day period last month December 2011 and my period was suppose 2 come January 14,2012 but it came today January 15,2012 around 5pm but it's light nd bright red and I have cramps but they not bad could I be pregnant because my period normally last 7 days nd my period is a day late nd its bright red and light plz let me know wat I should do
My first day of my last menstrual period was on December 19 my husband who is in the Marines came down for the holidays.  We have been trying to have a baby for the longest, never use protection and he never pulls out my actual date for my next menstrual period was for January 16 I missed the first two days January 16-17 in the beggining  I was kinda just spotting and never really cramping.  But then January 18 around 3:00am I wake up with cramps and Apperantly I started my "period" but it's not like my normal mestrual period it's alot lighther..... He was home for about 10 days n left January 3 about a week in a half later I began to feel really tired and abdomen felt swollen my boobs seemed bigger (even my husband told me that)  very nauseated  and vomiting when I eat certain foods  would I be pregnant?? Please help
Hey, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for about a year now so last mnth we followed all the rules and made sure we knew my ovulation but my period came and finished and my breast are still tingly i am urinating all the time and my feet were swollen today for the first time in my life. Could this mean i am pregnant? Fyi my mom had her period for 4 mnths when she had me
I HAVE BEEN HAVING SIGNS OF PREGNANCY. NAUSEA, BACK PAIN, HEADACHES, ALWAYS SLEEPY AND CRAVING FOR HOT WINGS AND ICE CREAM. I ALSO HAVE DEVELOPED SENSITIVE SMELLS. I HAD A LATE CYCLE ON DEC. 30TH AND I JUST CAME ON FEB. 26TH. NOT BLEEDING HEAVY BUT I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH IS IT NORMAL AND CAN I BE GOING THROUGH EARLY MENOPAUSE OR SOMETHING I KNOW SOMETHING IS GOING ON I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT.
Ok I need some advice I was on birth control for a month then stopped it cause i thought I was have an allergic reaction to it then the follow month the rash I thought was from the birth control still have the rash and now I have cravings for certain things with chocolate syrup whitch I hate but I want it with almost everything I eat and my period was early then the following month my stomach started to feel like it was starting to stretch and its kinda hard and my boobs hurt to the touch and my period was about 5 days late can some one tell me if I am pregnant or is there just something wrong with me I also have taken 2 at home pee tests and had one done at the er and at a blood test all came back negative please some one tell me something I'm confused  on what is going on
hi.im 23.. i have my perioud on march 7,its ends on march 10 .. but now ia have again but its only spot and light brown,, what does it mean? pls kindly answer.. thank you
female reproductive factor>>very good>>
Hi! My bf and I had unprotected sex twice during my fertile period! As gfew days after started getting flu like symptoms, sore breasts and nipples, mild cramping,feeling lil nauseus headaches and a little fever. My periods were due the 29 of this month but instead came 2nd (3days late) my cuzn told me she dreamt I was preggo a couple of others asked me if I was as well! Cud I stiLl be pregnant? If not y was I 3 days late wen I always bleed on time
Hi I am showing positive urine test since Monday September 24th and I started bleeding on Wednseday 27th. I went to the ER and they did not see anything on the sonogram. Did a pelvic exam and my cervix was closed. I am still bleeding light red and having on and off cramping. I was suppose to get my period on the 26th. My hcg levels are 35 which tells that I am very early but low levels. Could I still be getting my epriod and have a normal pregnancy? Today I did urine test still positive.
I am 33 with 5 daughters now but have been prego 6 times. I am now having the same problem as soon are with having a cycle and still having all of the signs of a pregnancy.  I am tired all of the time, breast feel heavier than usual, frequent bathroom use, nausea at times but it goes away, hungry late in the evening and early in the a.m., previous stretch marks are starting to darken back up, stomach is starting to swell with a hard knot on the left side ( had 2 c-sections for the last 2 children so my stomach muscles aren't what they were with vaginal deliveries), and mild pain in my lower back.  I have taken several home tests all came up negative. I even went to the doctor in July and it came up negative as well.  I am still having these feelings and most of all the strange dreams when normally I don't have any dreams that I can remember the next morning like I do now.  I am worried especially since I had a tubal pregnancy 10 years ago before I had my youngest two.  I have researched the issue of having a "period" during pregnancy and each are different in either saying yes or no and being pregnant.  When in my families history my mother bleed the whole time with me and they didn't detect the pregnancy until 8 months along.  My question to anyone who may respond to this, Is it possible that after having 6 pregnancies that I can have all the symptoms and bleed and no doctor can detect the pregnancy?
I have had a regular period for the past two months, but now I'm starting to feel flutters and very tired all the time. Could I be expecting?
I just had a laparoscopy done on Oct 5 and had sex on Oct  13. My cycle was 7 days late. My cycle was due to come on October 24. October 29 i started having mild cramps but didnt see any blood until Oct 30 and it was brown when it first started. Today I started feeling sick with flu like symptoms. I have no appetite and sometimes feel nausea. I also feel like I could be getting a headache. My body feels warm to touch so I took my temp and and it was 98.6.  I know people that have had a normal cycle during pregnancy so I do know it's possible but I've never been pregnant and I'm just seeking advice.
I was 9 days late and am never late unless I am pregnant but now started my peraid so I dont know but feel pregnant have bloting sore heads and sore back done test but says no thinking off doing a blode test feel pregnant have 4 kids so know how it feels what should I do thanks for any help
I just had a question for you, I was wondering if when you had your period, it was different as any periods before. You see, I am getting my period but it's been a few days late than usual, and that was never the case before, plus I did not get any cramps the past months. The other thing was, did you get negative tests>? Please share your experience with me. If you don't mind. I am 30 years old, have a son and testing negative. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
ok i need an honsest to god awnser ... can you get prego from anal sex while on your period?? and if your period was regular two times after can you still be pregnant!?
******please help me!*****:(
Hi!! Am having a serious problem here,av been married for two years now with no issue cos for the frist year we decided to wait for the year before having a baby,but after the year we started trying although not regularly,but by july I was taking some drugs which made my period date irregular,by august I didnot have my period at all and I was feeling all pregnancy symptoms I took a hpt(2)negative,by september i saw my period at the middle of the month but it was more like spotin,very light it wasn't flowing at all,by october it came the same way too but about a week late to the due tym so i took a test it was still negative,now by nov I had my period 3days late to the when due but very heavy,but I was feeling dizzy tired a little sick,sleepy and hungry,I don't know what to do or what is going on,should I go for a blood test and scan plss some one advice me....
Can u ave heavy flow and still be pregnant
I haven't had sex in 3 months. I've had periods this whole time. I started feeling little flutters in my belly which made me nervous and I also noticed I've been nauseous lately.but it is flu season. I took 2 at home pregnancy tests and they both clearly said negative. My boobs don't hurt and aren't getting bigger. Could I be pregnant or is it something else?