Maternal & Child Community
can a preg test give a false pregnancy test result?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

can a preg test give a false pregnancy test result?

I started to feel pregnant the day after i had sex and had not missed my period yet. this has happened with my first child. I took a home pregnancy test which came back positive. A week later I went to the emergancy room thinking I was having a miscarriage. The doctor did a urine and blood test one me and both came back negative. I was told I had a vaginal bleeding dysfunction but never told what that means. the bleeding stopped but I still felt pregnant so i took a second pregnancy test and it came back positive. is it possible that i am pregnant or did i get a false positive result on my test?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
The blood test the doctor took was for pregnancy? If yes I would say it is more accurate than HPT,  Are you on any hormone supplements? This maybe could give a false posititive
What does feeling pregnant mean to you? Sometimes symptoms of one thing can also be symptoms of another
Blank
When I got pregnant my doctor told me that a pregnancy test will never give a false acurate unless its expired. they only give false positives. i dont know if thats true or not but i'll take her word for it. you should probably ask your doctor for another blood test. Good luck to you!!
Blank
The old home pregnancy test where good at giving false postives. The test now days detect the pregnancy horome and that how you get a postive.  There is a medical condition that could give you a false postive but it is extremely rare, its a tumor in the uterus, I would ask your ob/gyn about it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank