Maternal & Child Community
can i give eggs to my 10 month old?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

can i give eggs to my 10 month old?

when can i introduce eggs into aubrees diet? she is 10 months old now.. and also when should i start mixing formula and whole milk? she has been on soy formula since she was born.. so i may start her out on soy milk .. not sure yet... and is there anything i should steer clear feeding aubree ( besides honey and peanut butter)
Eggs, I dont think you should give her intill 12months as well. But def. ask her ped.  And I would start to introduce Milk around 11months. Ethan was on soy formula and hated the taste of milk, so we gave him soy milk for a while.
hey girl! when Maddie had her 9 month check up, the ped told me I could start her on eggs. So I scramble some with ham and cheese every morning for her and she's completely fine. Only the yolk, and she loves it! it's very nutritious for them.
Also, you could start mixing an oz or 2 of milk with the formula. What I do now is I take the milk as if it was water and still put the scoop of formula on it. Like, for example, I'd fill up the bottle to the 3 (oz) with milk (whole), then fill up to 8 with water and still put 4 scoops of formula (for 8 oz) in it. She's still getting the goodies of formula and her tummy is getting used to the milk. She's been on 'sensitive' lactose free formula since she was 2 weeks old. I'm giving her whole milk- the regular kind, and keeping an eye (or and ear) on her tummy.

Pretty much right now, they can eat everything a grown up can. Except of course of the two things you mentioned. But I'd still ask the pedi if you have any doubts... =)
as to eggs, be careful to watch for allergies.  my daughter is seriously allergic to eggs, and we had no idea! we had scrambled eggs for breakfast every weekend and she ate them up, and she had eczema that got worse and worse, and we never connected the two until it was so bad we hospitalized her at age 2 and with extensive testing, it was found (we had been to a zillion drs in the year  before but although she had been tested for allergies, amazingly she had not been tested for an allergy to eggs).  she has both eczema and asthma, and eggs triggers both, so she can't have them at all.  just watch it because that is a food that can cause allergies.  
my ped told us at our 9 month appt that we could start a little egg now - but just yolk....and he suggested holding off on fish still but if I really wanted to try it, to make sure it was flaky white fish (not tuna or swordfish or any shell fish yet).  So Jillian has had a few bites of canned tuna and she seems to like it.  I'm going to take V's suggestion and try scrambling some egg yolks this weekend for breakfast.  So far she's had a little hardboiled yolk and she's fine.  Our ped also said to wait until 11.5 months for milk, and sub 1 oz milk each bottle each day until we are completely swapped out.  Now if I could only get Jillian to take bites of things instead of seeing how much she can cram into her mouth at once I'd be happy!!  But for now, I just cut everything up little and hope she doesn't mush too much in her hands and some actually gets in her mouth!
LOL.... and then she spits them right out with a 'yucky, mom' face and tongue sticks out as far down as she can?

Jenny, don't ask me how I know... lol ;)
Even if Aubrey is drinking soy milk or lactose intolerant they say to still give whole milk once they turn one and not soy milk since they need the nutrients from the whole milk.
I never knew my daughter couldn't have eggs i'v been feeding them to her scrambled with the white and yoke since she was nine months now shes 10 and a half ... she's fine the only thing is shes has diarrhea the whole month could that be related? ...