Maternal & Child Community
can loud screeches from parrots hurt baby ears?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ok, i am staying with my parents for a few months. and they have 3 birds(parrots) that whistle and screech very loudly. so loudly that when im asleep in my bedroom which is at the opposite end of the house they can wake me up. over the sound of a ceiling fan on high, a box fan on high and a sound machine which i keep on thunder noise and keep it turned up on medium. im having my baby in less than 2 weeks and im scared that its going to damage her eardrums when im in the living room
with the birds and im scared it will wake her up when we are in my room bc i know one of my fans will have to go
Your baby is well-protected in there even though they can hear sounds outside of the womb it sounds muffled to them. If it hurts your eardrums to the point where they are ringing, I would try and spend time in a different room but I would not worry that your baby's eardrums will be damaged.
thank u. i have been such a worry-wart lately bout so many things. hopefully i will be moving into an apt here in the next month or 2 but until then i think my parents are going to go ahead and stick the birds in a different area of the house, just in case.
Are you concerned about the baby when he/she's born or now while they're in your womb?  Don't worry about the womb.  Once they're born, that's a different story.  Babies are born with perfect hearing and if it hurts your ears (the person who's been around for a few years), to them it's 10 times louder.  I'd keep the baby as far away as possible from those birds since the loud and sudden noises can be pretty damaging to those little ears.  Good luck.
yeah i am concerned about both actually. i figured she would be fine in my belly but i have discussed
the issue with my parents and they are going to put the birds downstairs when i give birth until i get moved out bc i told them i didnt think it was a good idea to stay here with that loud screeching. and of course they dont want me to stay at my sisters bc then they wont be around their grandbaby much. thank u for the advice
why don't you just get your own place? Don't you think getting pregnant means its time to  take responsibility. I don't feel like others should have to make adjustments because you want to free load on them. Where's baby daddy? He should be putting a roof over your head and his kid.