Maternal & Child Community
can morning sickness start really late?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

can morning sickness start really late?

I'm 11w1d pregnant and I have never had morning sickness or anything close to it for any of my pregnancies. But over the last 5 days I have found that I feel slightly sick in the morning. And I've noticed now that if I go more than 3 hours without some food I get a big headache and just feel crappy.  

Can I be a late bloomer? or possibly do I just have a little bug right now?  Also I find some foods I can eat and feel fine and then others that the minute I finish I feel like I could get sick. I thought it was that I was eating too much, but I had a great breakfast of eggs, ham, toast and potatoes and felt great. Then for lunch a small bowl of pasta and then felt sick the rest of the afternoon.

I find it all kind of strange.  Any ideas?
I am 24 weeks pregnant and I didn't get any sickness until I was about 16 weeks. I got sick around noon everyday for about 3 weeks. So yeah it is possible to have morning sickness later in pregnancy. Hang in there and always have ginger ale and saltines with you! Good luck
Unfortunatelly you can get morning sickness at any point of your prego and it may last as long as few days to a whole 9 months! I am 28 weeks and have had 24/7 sickness since week 5. My Dr. put me on medication (Zofran) and I am stil taking it til this day and according my Dr. it will not go away until the baby is born. Had nothing like this with my first prego at all. Good luck...
I'm not sure.  Take it easy since you could have caught something but I've heard people have had morning sickness their entire pregnancy.

Not me...I had it early...until about 11-12 wks then it turned to heartburn...LOL (which made me really naseous)

Take care - feel better
Thank you ladies. I've tried asking friends I know but they have never had it.  Only one did and she had it so bad she was on medication from the time she practically conceived.
People keep asking me if I have morning sickness and I keep saying no because my idea of what that is equals nausea and vomiting. But I feel BLAH! every day from about 2-4 p.m.  I don't feel nauseaus, but I feel like if I threw up I might feel so much better. It is kind of a feeling like when your food just isn't digesting and it is just sitting there making you on the verge of sick.  Is THAT morning sickness?  Just a general malaise?  (I'm 7.5 wks)
I'm in week 14, and just started getting the "sick" feeling really bad about two weeks ago. I try to keep something to snack on handy. Most of the time I feel fine, but then I'll smell something and it will make me nauseous (ESPECIALLY the smell of gas fumes! ugghhh!)

I keep Ritz crackers in a ziploc, and have them in the car and at the office in case I need to eat something but have no appetite. Saltines just don't cut it for me. In soup they're fine, but plain? yuck! :-P lol

I also keep snack cakes handy for a sugar lift! :-)

Hang in there, I'm sure you'll have good days as well as bad...but you'll make it!
Yeah - I was prescribe the medicine too in the beginning.  I lost 9 lbs the first 11 weeks because it was so bad.......so bad...I can hardly believe it subsided so quickly.

Eating a lot helped...little things every hour.  Pretzels, fruit, carrot sticks.

Make sure you eat something every hour.  And in the morning try to keep saltines in your nightstand...have one or two even before you stand up.  It helps.
oh my, I couldn't imagine such a trip. I thank God that I've never been like that. You must be one tough cookie.
It's funny - your post brought back lots of memories.  I drove a hour and 15 minutes one way to work everyday.

Coming home was always fine but going to work in the morning...I had a puke cup in my car....I did use it about 2-3 times on the way the to work everyday for the first 11 weeks.
Yes, I think it's possible to start late.  I had a little late in 1st trimester, but absolutely nothing in the beginning.  It depends.
One tough cookie??? I caved and had an epidural after 16 hours of labor...I just couldn't take it anymore...LOL

I only gained 16lbs my entire pregnancy and had to push an 8.2 baby out....Thank GOD - HE gave me good hips...LOL

I think we all handle what we can...I knew that with how sick I was...my baby was strong and healthy.

I took comfort in it....to a point.  When she got big enough it would hurt...extreme pain for a hour and 15minute ride.

I remember screaming at her....'you are hurting mommy!!!!  stop it, stop it'''' (while singing gospel songs to her...LOL)

Just wait until you feel the feet in your rib cage - LOL.  It's all good knowing you are having such a strong baby.  

I'd go through it again anyday - once GOD feels it's HIS will to bless me with another!!!
With my first child I had mild morning sickness from week 10-16.  With my second child I threw up all the time until he was out.  It was great for keeping that weight gain down, but I think I prefer the first!!  Every pregnancy is different.
ive started from 10 weeks, im stuck in bed with the shivers now. i never vomit haha. Guess this is wht u call pregnancy
I didn't get morning sickness at all until now (33 weeks).  So I'm wondering if something is wrong, or if i'm alright.
It's not overly unusual.  Many women experience nausea toward the end of their pregnancy.  It is usually only problematic if you are unable to eat properly as a result, or are vomiting and potentially becoming dehydrated.  If either of those things are the case, it is important to contact your Dr.  Congrats on coming close to the end of your pregnancy.