Maternal & Child Community
can waters break without contractions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

can waters break without contractions

im nearly 37 weeks pregnant and last night i woke up and my pants were really wet iv had no contractions could my waters have broken
Yes, your water can break without contractions.   Do you have any leaking?   You may have possibly peed yourself.   Best to call your Dr and be checked.
Yes
my water broke at 37 weeks and I had no contractions. Just the normal BH but not labor. Call your doctor. Its a simple test to see if it was infact your bag of waters. Also if it was your water that is leaking it will continue to leak. Standing up usually stops the leaking because the babies head is pressing against your cervix stopping the leak. Best of luck!!
Mine broke at 34 weeks without any contractions. I got out of the shower and just woosh...
My water has broke 4 out of 5 pregnancies and I was NOT having contractions. Only once was it a big gush and th other times it was a pinhole slow leak and then would gush right after a contraction. I was actually in the hospital for three days before I went into labor once after it has broke! All they do it a fibronecting test to see if there is ferning, well now they have a little thing that looks like an OPK stick, the cheap ones and it it turns then it is amniotic fluid. There is no risk unless you have a fever once the water breaks. I know some dr's say you have to deliver by 24 hours but that is not true as long as it is a pin hole and both mom and baby are fine. I know a lady who went 10 days afterwards and she and the baby were fine but she was constintly monitored by her midwife!
I had a complete rupture at 31 weeks. All I was doing was watching a movie with my hubby! So YES, it can happen!
very possible my water broke and i didnt even know it.i just thought i had peed myself.i was in labor and didnt know it until i went to the dr later that morning and she told me to get to the hospital because i was 5 cm dialated already.