Maternal & Child Community
can you bleed and still be pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

can you bleed and still be pregnant

I know this sounds silly but can you bleed alot and still be pregnant?  I checked some other questions and some of you have bled and still had a baby.  I am also seeing clots...I know I am hanging on for a glimmer of hope but this is our 4th mc this year and I am 41...time ticks on.  If anyone has a story that might help I would appreciate it.  I have herbs which will speed this up but don't want to take them it there is a chance at all. I won't do a d/c...too scary for this old gal.
Yes you can still bleed wile your preg. its not very common but its normal but its called spotting insted of a period i have no clue why but thats how it is. If your preg and bleeding thers nothing to worry about unless you have really bad cramping along with it then i'd see your dr. right way. but if you think your preg then yes its possible. hope this helps
christina
I am having the same problem you are but I am on my 4th child, have not been pregnant in 9 yrs and am having some possitive tests and some neg. I am concerned about the spotting/light bleeding, but more so I am worried if I am just too high risk to have another child. I have had the 3 children I have by C-section because of a tilted pelvis (the most I dialated was 1 1/2 cent., and I am worried I may just not be strong enough inside to carry another baby to term. I had an appt. today and the test was neg, turned around and bought a home test and it was possitive. I am not happy with the Dr. test but what can I do. They will not give me a pelvic exam until I am possitive for pregnancy with one of their tests. If anyone could, Please recommend something for me to do. After 3 lovely children I know for a fact that I am pregnant but the test is making a liar out of me. If anyone could help it would greatly be appreciated.
i need advice, i dunno if im pregnant, i went to the toilet and there was just a spot of blood normally i come on heavy... then i bled abit more, but it ent alot, can i be pegnant, or is it just a period, i ent got no pains or anything, but my due date was saturday, and i had light spottin on the sunday, can someone email me please sarah_baby_19***@****
really? thank you gallerygirl that answered my question, i was bleeding and i think im pregnant htank you verry much.
hi all, i thought i was pregnant but not sure now, i was a few days late, had alot of pregnancy symptoms too, but today i started bleeding, quite heavy, it started off as a brown discharge, im still having nausea and headaches. can anyone help, has anyone else had anything like this before??
ive had 2 negative doctors tets and four possitive home tests along with some negatives at home. it wasnt time for my period yet but i started spotting and then it became more but still not really heavy like i usually am. having menstral cramping and lower back pain. not sure whats going on?