can you get pregnant after a tubal ligation
Hi, In 2008 I had my tubes cut and burnt; in 2009 I lost my husband to cancer and never remarried. I have found a good man that has never married or had kids but would like one. For the past couple of weeks I've been having pregnancy symptoms...Can that be possible? In my past pregnancies I have never had a positive urine test until my 3 month. I am not proud of this but I am a casual smoker (not good) but it was the only thing that alerted me that I was pregnant...I would gag when inhaling the smoke. This past week I noticed that I am having the same sensation. I really don't think of pregnancy because I was told by my doctor that it cannot happen. We even concider reversal. Can anyone tell me if this can actually happen that I could be pregnant...I have not told my boyfriend about it because it would crush his heart if it's not true....please help
Hi!

Pregnancy after tubal ligation/tubal clipping/tubal burning is rare, less than 1-2 percent cases. Also the chances of pregnancy are highest in first few months and reduce with time. However, if you have missed your periods, the first thing to test for is pregnancy. If you usually do not get to know until three months are over, then take a blood test for HCG estimation.

If this is negative then other causes of delayed or missed periods or pregnancy like symptoms will have to be looked at such as ectopics (can give negative urine/HCG tests, and is common after tubal burning/clipping), stress whether emotional or physical, hypothyroidism, polycystic disease of the ovary, pituitary tumors secreting prolactin, anemia and poor diet, hormonal imbalance, unexplained or sudden weight gain or weight loss. You will need to consult a gynecologist for this. Take care!