Maternal & Child Community
can you pass an ovarian cyst through the vagina?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have a long history with ovarian cysts.  I already have had my left ovary and fallopian tube removed because of a large abnormal cyst. I was seventeen years old.  Now i am twenty one and had to go to the hospital about a week ago because of horrible pain on my right ovary.  They ran tests and pocked and prodded me to tell me that i had probably had a cyst rupture, because they found some fluid. Fine.  I presently have my period and when i went to remove the tampon, there was a light colored thing stuck to my tampon.  It looked like a piece of flesh about the size of a quarter, maybe a little bigger.  I did have pretty horrible cramps today, and i thought it might be caused from a ruptured cyst or something.  This thing on my tampon looked like a sac of some sort, circular.  Could I have passed my ruptured cyst through my vagina? Im really freaked out.
When you were in the hospital, did they run a pregnancy test?
i had the same thing happen to me when i was 13 or 14 and now the more i learn about all this pregnacy stuff the more i think i miscarried. mine was the size of a quarter and looked like fleshy thing with a pointed end. this happend at school in the toilet. i had severe cramps and pressure. like when you have a kidney infection and i thought for years that is what it was because i did not know any better. i never went to the doc or told anyone though. once that came out i was ok.
When there is a corpus luteum cyst, it produces its own hormones to help a pregnancy along (in case the egg that it popped out "took.") That would be likely to interfere with the next cycle a lot.
My daughter had a miscarriage in March.   She had an US yesterday and the corpus leutum is still there.  What does this mean?  SHe has had a period last week and was put on clomid.  The Dr. was checking for follicles but the old cyst was still there Her HCG levels were back to normal.  She is thinking that she will not ovulate with the cyst there.
My sis was in a bad marriage, and as they were about to divorce, she got pregnant.  So she had an abortion (in the 5th or 6th week from LMP, so, very early), and later, after a week or two, she passed what she described as looking like a piece of chicken skin.  She always assumed it was part of the tissue they removed, not part of her.  (Sorry if that is TMI.)  The point is, an "ovarian cyst" is not a solid like that.  It's a fluid-filled hole left by the egg, that doesn't drain fully after you ovulate, and can hurt like crazy.  (It hurts until it drains.)  The fluid does come out of your body in the same location as a period does, but it's liquid that the doctors were talking about if they were using that term.  So I agree with the previous posters.  If this was only a couple of days ago and you haven't had a pregnancy test, your body might still have some of the hormones in it, so you could try a test to see.  Don't be freaked, your ovary is not falling to pieces.  All the best, and a big hug.
From the m/c pregnancy.  The corpus luteum would have stuck around (whether there was a cyst inside it or not) with its lining in a sort of thickened state, for a couple of months, producing hormones to help that pregnancy get started. (Look up corpus luteus or corpus luteum online and you'll probably see drawings of this phenomenon.)  The lining of an ordinary corpus luteum fades away if the egg it sent into the world does not get fertilized and implant.  But if the egg did start a pregnancy, that c.l. would have stuck around a month or two or three, to send hormones down the pike after the egg.  If the doc put your daughter on Clomid right away, it might even have had the effect of causing the previous c.l. to stay around, thinking something good was happening in the body, I don't know.  Were it me, I would try a cycle without Clomid, or even two cycles without it, to clear away the old c.l. and all hormone action from the prior pregnancy.  Clomid stimulates more than one egg to develop at a time, and the last thing she wants is somehow to stimulate that older c.l. to stay around.  It will interfere with her next try by telling the body it is still pregnant.
Hi  Do you mean that she might be pregnant again or is it the old cyst from the miscarriage that will not dissolve?
Thanks for the information. We can not get very much info on the internet about why the cyst is still there.  SHe is going in tomottow to see if the clomid has started any eggs.. ..  SHe has been very anxious to have a baby as she has been ttc for 2 years and when she did on clomid and iui she had an 8 week MC.
SHe will have another iui next week if there are any eggs.
There are eggs forming in the opposite ovary. The cyst has shrunk so the Dr. thinks there would be a chance to get preg this week.  We are praying!
That's really good news!  Go, eggs!
ovarian cyst can it pass though vagina? i saw red thin line had bubble that was  with it and cramping and i just found out that i have cyst this pass friday and it was right side that hurt though all of this what does this mean?