Maternal & Child Community
cerclauge and bed rest - 15 weeks anybody else

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had my 3 year old at 23 weeks - she is great. Now I am 15 weeks pregnant and just had a cerclauge done and I have been told to be on bedrest for the remainder. For the next 20 weeks I will feel so helpless. My kids will be fine, my in laws are being very helpful but I feel that my dh will be overwhelmed with everything. Is anyone else out there in the same situation?????
I don't have a cerclage, but due to placental problems, and bleeding, I too am on bedrest. My husband and me fight a bit more than usual (mostly because i'm just so grumpy/frustrated from not being able to do anything), but he has been overall very supportive. He has set me up on a couch with the computer monitor in front of me (on a table) and I have a wireless mouse/keyboard (we couldn't afford to buy a laptop).  I also have a little TV that I can watch.  He set up a small tv tray that he brings my dinner on.  

Its hard to do...I am 20 weeks and hoping to make it the next couple months. Time feels like it is going so slow though. It was promising that you had a baby so young. They have told me that survival rate for my baby before 25 weeks is slim.  (maybe our hospitals aren't as good?). I'm praying not to go into labor before then.
They told me the same about babies born so early but miracles do happen. The technology today is amazing, just make sure you know where the closest hospital with a well equipped NICU (neonatal Intensive care unit) is. I am in Florida and was at Arnold Palmer hospital, they were wonderful. Good luck and I look forward to hearing updates on your progress.
i just had a question about the cerclauge, my doc said that if i get pregger again that he will do that, since i have had 2 m/c in less then a year.  i was wondering if it hurt any or what it felt like.  thanks
how far along were you in pregnancy when you m/c.
no, the cerclauge did not hurt. I had a spinal so i did not feel a thing and then a little discomfort for about 2 days.
Hi.  I had a cerclage done at 20 weeks and have been on bedrest since 16 weeks.  I'm 33 weeks and 1 day and I AM GOING CRAZY.
It's hard..... I have no other kids (just cats and a husband LOL) but it's incredibly fristrating so I know what you're going through.
Many people say to me how great it would be to lie around in bed all day but in all seriouness, it's not great.
I just keep watching the time tick away slowly.  I just hope that I'll have a healthy baby when it's all done.  If she's ok, it's all worth it.
Good luck.
Thanks for the info, i am so scared to get preggers again.  I was 11 1/2 weeks the first one and the second i was 18 weeks.  with the second one we named it (brandon) and we able to hold him and spend time with him, I am jsut really scared that if i do get preggers again that the same things might happen.  At least now if i do i kinda know what to expect about the cerclauge.
I feel for you mama!! This is my first pregnancy, and at 13 weeks I started bleeding uncontrolably. The ER doc recommended a cerclauge, and me being very new to this thought it sounded like an excellent idea. I waited to hear back from my ob, and she recommended bedrest only.  Turns out if they would have done the cerclauge i would have lost my twins.  I had a subchorionic hematoma, and was on bedrest for 8 weeks, bleeding substantially the entire time.  I am finally off, it was the LONGEST 8 weeks in my life...and I have no other children. I can only imagine the difficulties you will have.  Hopefully your husband is very supportive, and cleans your house (unlike mine)My doc says i will need bedrest again because the twins are hard on my body so if you want a bedrest buddy my email is ***@****.
I am 35 weeks pregnant this is my second cerclauge my first daughter (megan /baby girl is ten years old) and now i am pregnant with morgan and she is due marcch 14 2008 and it hurts when you get closer to the end so much preasure and you can not even walk but to say at the end it is worth it all .my first is a healthy little girl i had megan at 36 weeks and she was 7"13 and now i am 35 weeks with morgan and already she is 5"2 with 5 more weeks to go.and my husband willy has really been a angel even though we dont see eye to eye but to him i am his queen.
I am 20 years old and i am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant it was a surpirise for me. i was put on bed rest for about 2 weeks because of excessive bleeding. I am currently a full time student in cosmetology school and i really want to finish. They have me scheduled to get my cerclauge april 18 and i am afraird that i might have to be on bed rest.I am really scared about getting this cerclauge done because i dont want to be on bed rest. But is it common for a women that gets a cerclauge to have to be on bed rest?
I had a previous miscarriage about 5 years ago i was right at 18 or 19 weeks when it happened and the doctors told me they didnt know why I miscarried. I didnt even have to have a d&c because everything passed like I had given birth.  Luckily this time around I made sure I let my dr know that I had the miscarriage so he frequently checked my cervix. He felt unsure if my cervix was short or not so he sent me to a perinatal specialist who checked me thought I was fine at that moment put me on only pelvic rest and made me another appointment for 2 weeks later.  I went in two weeks later and they did the cerlauge that night because my cervix had shortened so much in such a short time.  I was 21 weeks along and they didnt even think I was going to make it to 25 weeks to have a healthy premie. The surgery didnt hurt at all and I am supposed to be on bedrest but I am single and live with a roommate so I still do a lot of things I just dont stay on my feet for a length of time.  
My first baby was a still born and I have since had two daughters and am now pregnant again.Since my first was a still born I have to have a cerclage everytime I get pregnant, and they dont hurt really a lil uncomfortable for a few days but dont hurt to bad, I would suggest if you have the option to be put to sleep do that cuz I stayed awake for one of mine and it still did not hurt but very uncomfortable watching your legs and butt that high in the air.For one of mine it was just a little stitch and for the second one it was the band, and I do have to say that the band hurt a little worse and it was more hospital time.If you ask your dr. he will tell you witch one he is planning on doing and like I said if possible i would reccommend the sticth instead of the band, not only does it hurt less but also with the band it is a hole second surgury to get it removed where as the stitch is just taken out in the dr.s office.I am almost 3 months pregnant right now and its almost time to get the cerclage and I am very happy I am just getting the stitch, and a common misconception is that you need to be on bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy, most of the time that is not the case, most of the time after u get the stitch you are good to go about your everyday pregnancy activities.Although there are always exceptions.If any1 has anyquestions feel free to email ***@**** have been threw this 3 time and I am not an expert but I know how scary it can be and how many questions that run threw your head.