Maternal & Child Community
cervical mucus right after implantation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

what is your mucus suppose to be like when you get pregnant? im on day 17 of my cycle and i think i ovulated early cause im on 150mg of clomid. my cervix is high and lots of thick white mucus came out when i checked this morning. ive also checked every day for the past week and my cervix seems to have a small sideways slit in it. is that normal too?
When I was pregnant with this baby we weren't "trying" I didn't know I was pregnant, but I did notice a larger amount of cm like I was ovulating again. Matter of fact I thought I was ovulating late since my period hadn't started then took a test and it was a positive! Hope this is your case :) And about feeling the cervix and a slit in it, I tried and tried to do the cervical checks when we were I guess "actively trying" and I just had no luck, seems like my cervix dosen't go by text book lol. Good luck hun!
Sorry but cervical mucus is a terrble indication for possible pregnancy. Mine cm was no different the month I got pregnant than all the other months when I got a BFN. CM does increase drastically as a pregnancy progresses though.
Never heard of the cervix slit you have mentioned but again the cervix is also a terrible indication of pregnancy.
well i go to my first art clinic appointment in birmingham al. on the 22nd. surely they can tell me if im pregnant by then. it will be day 22 of my cycle. i took a cheap test yesterday but it was neg.
test, test, test!! 17 DPO should tell you something. of course if it's negative and you still haven't gotten af in a few days i'd say test again - sometimes it is too early. let us know!!
Hi there, I am currently 17 dpo (not a shocker as I am very irregular) not feeling great. Dizzy queasy thirsty & tired. I'm a little concerned about the faint spotting i have been having for the last three days(no need for sanitary wear it's so light). It has never happened before & as I'm not on the pill it's happening of it's own accord. Is it too early to test or am I just being paranoid!?!
Hi there,
the cervix slit you have written about is normal, I have that too, normally it appears after the birth of a child and in some women it is there already... I have the same slit in my cervix too. I agree with the other posters that this is not an accurate way to tell if pregnancy has accured, take a test with clearblue or anyother digital hpt, I know that clearblue has a new one on the market here which you can use up to 4 days before af is supposed to show her ugly face. Hope this helps.
Hi about 2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. I had just gotten off my period the day we had sex 2days in a row. My period last about 3days normally. I get my period on the 28th faithfully every month. He did ...inside of me twice.  The sex knocked me back on for 1day and that was it. As these 2 weeks went by I was experiencing white discharge in my underwear and some times it would be coming out watery like...almost as if I was peeing a little. Well it's now the 9th and yesterday morning I woke up too use the restroom and when I wiped a mucous (looked like snot) is the only way I can describe it came out kind of a lot and it was pinkish brown with just dot of bright red  blood in it. I don't know what this could be and I'm worried. I'm now experiencing what look like little brown blood stains in my underwear. I'm going too make an appt too the OBGYN. But any answers would be helpful now. Thank you(:
Are you saying it has only been 17 days since your period? If so, you could just be ovulating late. I personally ovulate on the 17-18th day of my cycle every month. You will normally have a period every 28-34 days. I say what you are experiencing is ovulation nearing. You also need to have a least 12 days after ovulation to caring a pregnancy. You might get a ovulation prediction test and see if you are nearing your LH serge.