Maternal & Child Community
cervical position

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

cervical position

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help if anyone can offer it. I've been researching on cervical position, and yes, I have read that low and hard: not ovulating, soft and high: ovulating. I HAVE felt my cervix before but never really "examined" it. But I do remember it wasn't a far reach so I asume I wasn't ovulating at the time.
**Well, This might be T.M.I but last night hubby said that I felt "different" like deeper. We have begun trying to conceive at the beginning of this year. I took a seccond to examine myself and felt that it was damn near out of reach!!! It was soft and almost non existant. But I noticed that the opening wasn't any different. And he hadnt noticed any difference the night before.  :)
I came off of birth control in Aug, however my periods are forever irregular without birth controle. Due to dramatic weight loss my periods can last up to two weeks some times. I dont remeber the first day of my last period but I remeber the last day was the 10th of the month. I am expecting to test around the 30th of this month. This is all so confusing now with the whole cervix thing because we have never noticed anything like this in 5 years and we were not doing anything "new".
****Just looking for some info....just really happy I might be preggers :D
serina
The key to knowing what is going on with your cervix is to check it 1 to 2 times a day, not in the morning and not after a bm, everyday for an entire cycle.  You need to find out what is "normal" for you and what is "fertile" for you as it can change with every woman and can even change after a pregnancy etc.

Also I would try and talk to someone about your irregular cycles if you continue to have problems conceiving. The first response of most doctors with cycle irregularity is to prescribe bc pills, however that only gives you a "fake" cycle where what you are having is just induced based on the pills, not really a "regulation" of your own cycle.  That is why once you stop the problem often returns.  

If your doctor isn't willing to help you with this or doesn't know enough about what you are experiencing and why, you could look for a doctor trained in NaPro Technology.  Cycle irregularities can tip off the right doctor to a number of problems, some very easy to correct.  Good luck to you!