Maternal & Child Community
cervical pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

cervical pregnancy

i have a very important question and i need an answer i hope someone can help.....it was in july when i found i was having trouble concieving so i went to my gyno and found out it was a cervical pregnancy and i had to terminate it and when the gyno i was going to for my fertility problem said he wanted to do a hysterectomy and i said no and then i started going to me own gyno who delivered my last 3 kids and he sent me to a high risk pregnancy gyno to find out what was happining and that day we found out that the baby had passed on because of the living conditions being different than inside the uterus and i had got 2 shots of methotrexate so my body would reabsorb the pregnancy and they worked and about a week after that i started bleeding really bad so i went back to my gyno and he sent me again to the high risk pregnancy gyno and found there was a blood clot in place of where the baby had been and he said it was just a bad period so i went on and took it like a period but now i haven't had my period again and my pregnancy tests keep coming out positive how long is it going to be before my body is back to normal before i can start trying againi am so confused and my gyno said that it shouldn't have taken this long and i have been going to get blood work done to see if my levels are going down or going up and my husband and i have had unprotected sex but since my pregnancy tests have been coming out positive we haven't really been to cautious and i know you can't get pregnant if you can't or don't have your period atleast i don't think so am i wrong and could i be prego?
You can get pregnant before your period doctors just want you to wait because if you get pregnant right away it can be high risk. I have a very strange story for you.  On april 4 of this year i had a miscarriage with no d&c.  My doctor said to be very careful because you are very fertile afterwards and if I did get pregnant so soon it would probably end up in another miscarriage.  My husband and i were very careful we did have a condum break once (not used to condoms usually on birth control) but it was right after so i wasnt real worried.  Ibegan feeling sick in june but ignored the symptoms because of how safe we were being. finally on july fourth i took a test just to make sure.  It came back positive.  I went to the doc and he informed me that i was almost 14 weeks, got pregnant around the tenth of april. I have two boys allready so you would think i would have known sooner.  Anyway oviously i never had a period let alone healing time and i was pregnant again. hope this helps a little.  Good luck with trying again!
well my only problem is that after i had my shots of methotrexate and the pregnancy was gone they said as soon as my levels dropped that i could get pregnant because the methotrexate reabsorbs the pregnancy like it never happened but after everything went on i took a pregnancy test knowing that it would probably turn out positive and it did because of my body still thinking i was pregnant so i didn't really care about having unprotected sex soo soon it wasn't an issue but i didn't think that if my body still thought i was pregnant that i could get pregnant maybe i am wrong but i did go to the doctor today and he did blood work and i will get the results tomarrow morning so i will keep everyone posted on what i found out and emily before you got pregnant the last time did your pregnancy tests still turn out positive after you had your miscarriage and did you have another miscarriage when you found out you were pregnant again?
the doctor called today and i found out i am not pregnant thank god well atleast for now but my count hcg level is coming down it is right now 45 and as soon as its between 0-5 then i am in the clear and should start my period yay i can't wait i miss it lol atleast i don't feel so defective anymore ha ha thanks for the help everybody.