Maternal & Child Community
cervix changes during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

cervix changes during pregnancy

i keep hearing people say about checking your cervix.  what exactly are you checking for and during what part of the cycle are there changes?  is it softer if your pregnant? harder during ovulation etc.  if someone could clarify.  i'll be due to start AF any day not sure if pregnant yet.  test showed negative but could have been too early and my cervix feels more like tip of nose.
If you are pregnant now it is probably too early to tell from your cervix.  Here's how it works though:  In the beginning of your cycle your cervix will be lower and firmer.  The opening will also be more narrow, but this may be really hard for you to detect.  The closer you get to O the softer your cervix will get.  It will feel a bit mushy, like your lips.  It will also be raised and the the opening will be wider.  You should try to check about the same time every day.  Some women check twice a day b/c apparently it can rise very quickly.  Just make sure to wash your hands well and rinse off all of the soap.  You don't want to end up with a UTI.
how soon after conception does your cervix change? also whut is the cervix supposed to feel like ?
does your cervix changeto a blue color? what does that mean?
MIne got real soft and thicker I guess from the blood flow when I got preagnant. Go to fertility frined com and it tells you all of it except for what it feels like when you are pregnant. Also when you have had babies before it is differnent and does not cloes all the way. WHen I dialated when I got pregnant it opened so much I could get a finger up in it. It is high  so when you DH goes in you it is high to get everything in there:) You also have eggwhite cervical mucas which is the best when you O. It has the same properties as soerm to feed them and hekp them live. Lots to learn! I have been pregnant 5 times before I ever did this method but it was worth it!!!! Little did we know about our bodies huh:) I knew how to check my cervix for labor but knew nothing else till I got my tubes recoinstructed, well one of them as the other one was burned into my uterus and gone. Yep I got pregnant with onyl one tube. NOte!!! It take several months to learn your cervix and what tiem to check!
I am 52 with a new life. I had 4 children. my youngest is now 19 and my partner and I want to have one of our own now. I have my tubes tided but I am experiencing a soft cervix as well as, sleepy, teary eyed, frequent urination, loss of appetite, moody. I have checked to see if I was going through menopause but it didn't really help.