Maternal & Child Community
ciprofloxacin and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ciprofloxacin and pregnancy

I was prescribes ciprofloxacin for an infection at the begining of my pregnancy but did not know I was pregnant.  I only took 3 ciprofloxacin because I got scared I would be pregnant.  Are there any chance that the fact that I took 3 ciprofloxacin could harm the feotus in any way.  I am now 11 weeks pregnant.
Avatar n tn
I would say you're ok. Have you brought this up with your Dr. I'm not familiar with the medication and asking your pharmacists or Dr would be the best thing. But I would say you're ok. Especially since you only took 3 and it was very early pregnancy! Good luck to you and God Bless!
Avatar n tn
I would think you are ok.  Did you tell your doctor?  Have you had an ultrasound yet?  Did everything look ok?  I have heard of people taking prescriptions early in pregnancy, due to the fact they didn't know and their babies turned out to be fine.  I just wouldn't take anything right now unless you got another infection because the baby is developing a lot of important things right now.  But again I think you will be fine as well as the baby!  Good Luck!
Avatar n tn
Thank you!  To answer your questions, yes I have talked to my Dr and pharmacist and they told me not to worry but I guess I am still worried.
any updates?