Maternal & Child Community
circumcision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

circumcision

Opinions on circumcision??
Getting circumcised reduces future infections and problems.

Circumcision may result in a lower incidence of sexually transmitted diseases and may reduce HIV transmission...
Circumcision may lower the risk for cancer of the cervix in sexual partners...
Circumcision may result in a decreased incidence of urinary tract infections...

. i highly recommend it.
Well I'm not doing it when my baby is born but I'm very much for it. I plan on having a discussion with my boy once he reaches the age of 12 or 13 to see how he feels about not being circumcised and to discuss the potential risks/benefits of getting a circumcision. I'll offer him the opportunity to decide what HE WANTS to do with HIS BODY.
If I have a boy I will definitely do it. The benefits far outweigh any risks.
Im having a boy n we have everything set up for it we believe its best so we dont.have to worry for the future
Doing it as a newborn is such a minor surgery,  waiting until they get older can cause a lot more problems and it makes the healing process much longer.
My opinion is to get it done as soon as possible after delivery
Teaching your child proper cleaning skills and safe sex also reduces chances of infection and sexually transmitted conditions. Circumcision is purely cosmetic and is no longer recommended as a routine surgery for male infants. The foreskin contains thousands of nerve endings and they serve a purpose. Do your own research come to your own conclusion but please read up to date material about it. It's a thing of the past and not necessary for your baby's health.
Its actaully not beneficial... Google it google the truth behide circumsion... new tests and studies show it  a lot if things bad about it too. Check out some YouTube videos such as the elephant in the room. Always do your research on these types of things so you know whats best for your baby. That's all I'm gonna say bc I'm sure drama will ensue mesage me if you want more info.
I agree 100% with scarlet
I agree 100% with scarlet
If I have a boy I'm without doubts having him circumsized. This is probably TMI, but my ex from years ago had an uncircumcised and it had a strange fishy odor and he was veryyyy hygenic.  He always felt insecure about himself and wished his mom would have gotten the procedure when he was born. I'm not sure why it would smell that way. He had no STDS. We got tested together. It's just a lot better for men in their later years. Save the embarrassment.
Its pointless ... look it up on Google.
Islamic and Jewish and American are all that have this done routinely.  

Look up intactism !

Circumcision is vile in my opinion xx
(P.s it wasn't like a strong scent but it definitely was a big reason I left him years ago.)
I think it's up to the parents to decide what's best. My now toddler was circumcised a day after he was born and it didn't effect him, he didn't even cry. I'm now pregnant with boy #2 and he'll be getting circumcised as well. To each their own, but for me, I'm for it completely.
Honestly i dont see the point.. my two brothers, boyfriend, his four brothers, my dad his dad all dont have it.. and to that fishy smell, lol, i asked my bf and he said it could be because he wasnt all that clean, didnt clean.it all that well like he should have
I can't understand this obsession with circumcision americans islamics and jewish are the only people who do it.
The "benefits" I see posted are ridiculous.  

And saying "baby doesn't remember" is no excuse-

Please look at intactism.
He was extremely hygenic. He showered every single afternoon. I mean I showered with him. And no matter what it still had smell. I mean I'm only speaking from someone who witnessed "the struggle". I just think it saves men the embarrassment. Plus every girlfriend I've had always thought it was disgusting. I mean it sort of is. It looks weird too.
Well in America it's just kinda gross. I mean it's our culture. You have your culture and we have ours.
Thanks for the opinions guys not even sure what the sex of my baby will be yet but i thought this was an interesting subject i live in germany and if i have a boy will probably leave it up to him to decide as this practice is not so common here....also my man didnt have it done he never had any problems and he doesnt stink all people have a different smell and if it is bad it isnt just because they arent circumcised....i grew up in the states now i live here so just wanted to hear opinions thanks
My husband's a  doctor so i actually speak with knowledge(: its NOT purely cosmetic,  these are moms speaking not medical doctors. Id ask your doctor about the benifits
To the person saying "its just moms saying this" lol your extremely wrong. My obgyn Dr told me himself, that it was pure cosmetic. My ex didn't have his done and it never smelled I don't think it looked funny. Sex with him was actually better with him to he didn't feel bad about not having it done either.  My husband now after watching videos and reading up on the up to date facts actually wishes  he was uncircumcised