Maternal & Child Community
clicking noises from stomach during pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

im 33 weeks pregnant and im hearing strange clicking noises from my stomach whenever i feel baby moving around. just looking for an explanation, Has anyone else experienced anything similar or any ideas as to what it could be.
i thought i was going crazy when i first heard it i kept asking pple around me did you hear that and they were like what? and i asked my doctor about it and he said that it was fluid in your tummy. i felt just kinda dumb for a little bit. i thought i was hearing things lol.. i started hearing it around 30 wks.
ksanden
I'm only 28 weeks, but I have never heard that. I seems like a lot of people on here seem to post about that strange clicking noise though.....so I guess you and your little one are normal! lol
I've had the same clicking sound for the last 2 weeks (I'm currently 22 weeks).  I'm not sure what it is but I've researched around and it seems like there are a lot of women who have had the same experiences.  I've read that it has something to do with fluids and/or baby joints popping.  I tend to believe the joints popping theory since I only seem to hear the clicking when he's moving around.
I just heard it the noise and I am a teen that's pregnant and I was like "uhh did my water break" then I started to freak out and I thought it was because something popped in my stomach and I was bleeding but I feel fine. I am only 20 weeks pregnant...is that normal? should I already hear that noise? It just scared me because I thought something bad happened to my baby.
I am 36 weeks pregnant and also hear popping/clicking sounds form my womb. It started about 3 weeks ago. It was the strangest sound and I don't like hearing it. But baby is fine and very active. Seems like a lot of women experience this as well. It seems normal and nothing to worry about.
I AM 36WKS PREGNANT AND HERE THIS SOUND A LOT NOW. I HAVE A DOC APPT IN 3 DAYS & I AM SURLY GONNA ASK. I HATE THIS NOISE. IT HAPPENS A LOT LAYING ON MY LEFT SIDE & WHEN I SWITCH SIDES IT STOPS. I HAVE 2 OTHER CHILDREN AND DNT REMEMBER THIS CRAZYNESS...LOL...UGGHH! I HOPE HE IS ON HIS WAY OUT AND THIS IS HIS WAY OF TELLING ME. BECAUSE THE NOISE IS SO LOUD IT WAKES ME OUT OF MY SLEEP...LIKE I REALLY NEED THAT, I CANT SLEEP AS IS...HAS ANYONE GOTTEN A REAL ANSWER FROM A DOCTOR ABOUT WHATS GOIN ON HERE?
I am curious if you did ask your doctor about the popping/clicking sounds and what his/her response or explanation was.  I know you posted back in November, but I just read this today.  Thanks.  
The doctors say that they have done tests and to this day they have not figured out what it is but its very common and they aren't to worried its just another wired and uncomfortable thing we moms have to experience in pregnancy ugh lol sorry moms i hear it all the time too and im do next month good luck moms and congrats