Maternal & Child Community
clomid - ovulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

clomid - ovulation

I haven't been ovulating and the OB/GYN doeesn't know why so, because dh and I want to get pregnant with #2 (we have a 3 year old son), the dr gave me a prescription for provera to make me have af and then on cd 2-6 I took clomid...then we are supposed to bd 3x/week (every 2nd day)..my question is: how long does it take to ovulate after taking clomid and is there anyway to tell if I am ovulating besides the ewcm?? I am currently on cd 10, I took my last clomid pill on thursday last week...
you should start ttc on the 3rd day after last pill thats what my dr said
thank you...I took my last pill on thursday and we bd on friday night and then again last night...I think I will keep bd every other night/day for a couple of weeks...my dr told me that if I still didn't have af by 1 month from the first day of my last af that I should take a test, he said that I won't know if I am pregnant or not until I do...if the pregnancy test is neg he told me to wait a week, if still no af then test again..if it is still neg I am supposed to start the process all over again...only my clomid would be upped from 50mg daily to 100mg daily for 5 days...I was just wondering if anyone knew when approximately you are supposed to ovulate after taking clomid...
I conceived my daughter taking clomid. She is now 8 months old. I took the clomid CD 5-9 (100mg), then did an ovulation predictor kit, and had an U/S done on CD 14 to detect follicle size in my ovaries. I had one follice that was large enough to release an egg. I believe that I released an egg on CD 13 or 14. We did lots of BD around that time. I also did temp charting and my temp stayed elevated, so I went ahead and did a HPT on CD 29 and got a BFP, I was thrilled!

So to answer your question, you can figure out if you are ovulating by using and OPK, temp charting, or having an ultrasound done to determine if your follicles are growing enough to release an egg.

Good luck to you!
I ovulated on Clomid on Day 15.

I am 7wks

Prayers and Best Wishes
You will ovulate between 5 and 10 days after you take the last pill.
This is my first cycle after 4 cycles on Clomid.  I am on CD 29 with no AF in sight.  If I am not pregnant, how long does it take to get back on schedule without the Clomid?
I am taking clomid on days 4-8 that means I should ovulate when? I normally have a 25 or 26 day cycle.
thanks everyone...
I ovulated on CD 17 the one time I ovulated while on Clomid.
Your cycles won't be the same on Clomid as they were off.  If you take it on days 4-8, you will ovulate between days 13-17 or 5-10 days after you take the last pill.
hi I think i will ov earlier. I already have the slippery stuff and its getting thicker. I am cd 8 right now and 4th day of clomid.
Hi i am taking clomid. The last dayi took it on was on july 10th. My husband and i started doing it on july 11th. We have done it up until the 16th. Did i ovulate in that frame of time or did i miss my ovulation. I did get pregnant last year in march of 2006. I had my baby in december she was 9 pounds 4 ounces. She passed away at birth. By a doctor that didnt get her out in time. So we are trying after 7 months. I just want to be sure i am doing it right,
my heart goes out to you. I pray god heals your heart and blesses you with many healthy children in the future. my god bless you and much love to you and your family
so sorry for your loss. my heart goes out to you as well. going on clomid tomorrow for first time. we'll see....

does anyone know the chances of twins rate on this? it's not like fertility drug right? i definitely would choose no more babies over sextuplets =O
the chances of twins goes from 1% in the general population to 10% on Clomid... triplets and so on are less common.

Mommysgirl2006, my heart goes out to you. I had was pregnant with twins, without Clomid in 2006. My twin 2, my little boy, was miscarried at 12 weeks, and twin 1, my daughter, was stillborn at 26 weeks. While I didn't make it as far in my pregnancy as you did, I more than understand what you have gone through and I wish you all the best in the future. While this post is sometime after yours, I hold out hope that you have carried successfully to term since then.

I am starting my first round of Clomid now and terrified and excited at the same time. Any advice?
i have a question,my priod is irriguler.my doctor put me on provera and clomid 50g last month,but i did not ovulated.he gave me 100g but i am still waiting for my priod which is late for 6 days.but still testing negative.i am worried how long will my period take?becouse i am sure i cannot take my clomid untill i get my period.should i go back to my doctor or wait for my period? please advice.
love you all!