Maternal & Child Community
clomid/OPEN FORUM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

clomid/OPEN FORUM

HI  sorry to take up space but i just have one question... does Clomid affect the length of your cycle? because i noticed that after i start my Clomid, my period seem to go from heavy to medium to light... i usually have long periods but not after i start Clomid. Also, i get cramps, sometimes real bad cramps, from Clomid...is it because it's helping my ovary to ovulate?

happy monday y'all!!!
clomid can definitely change your period and cycle a little bit - everyone is different, but certainly makes sense that it's from the clomid. Also the cramping can certainly be from the clomid too. you're ovaries are being stimulated and working harder (sometimes more eggs even ovulate) so even if never noticed cramping before can be from the clomid. good luck. hope it works for you!!
thanks Berko...i thought its all in my mind... lolz... i am a regular reader of this forum and sometimes i contribute too.. but its been such a great site to fish for information as well as meet women who are in the same boat....

baby dust to you ~*~*~*~~*
yup - i concur!! this really is a great site. i've learned so much and have been comforted so much through everyone here. again, i really hope the clomid pays off for you BIG TIME!!!
So Clomid is a drug that prompts ovulation? Is that right? How long were you TTC before your dr. prescribed it? Not trying to be nosy - just trying to educate myself - wondering what steps Dr.s take before they put you on that. Thanks!
your dr. would probably first start off with monitoring your cycle and checking your levels to make sure you actually are ovulating on your own first. in my case i was ovulating on my own - i even got pregnant just with monitoring of my cycle (but m/c). after the m/c when i was ready to try again my dr. decided to put me on clomid to up my chances (i think also b/c it did take me some time to even get pregnant with the first). the clomid stimulates ovulation and sometimes even more than one egg will ovulate (there were some times i had 3)and this will up your chances. i did 3 cycles of clomid and it didn't work. my dr. said that usually if clomid will work it will during the first 3 tries. he then started me on another drug called letrazole/femara. on it i only ovulated one egg each month, but on my second month with an iui (interuterine insemination) i got pg. (m/c again) and now after trying letrazole and iuis again and nothing working - sperm count low - we're on to IVF now. sorry for the rambling, but to answer your question i think normally drs. would tell you to wait a year of actively trying to conceive and then may move on to meds. unless of course you know you have a problem, or have very irregular cycles....good luck to you.
Yes, my cycle changed a lot!!! It used to be heavy and lasated for about 6-7 days....and by using clomid for 6 cycles, AF lasted only 2-3 days and was VERY light!!!  I called the Dr. about this and he was not concerned... I only learned that this was a side effect from the women on this sight!!!  What a relief!! I don't know what I would do without you girls!!!  Good luck to you all and lots of baby dust to all!!!
thanks, Berko!
I believe it does change your AF.

I didn't notice any changes in flow of AF when I was on Clomid, but the length of AF went from my regular 28 days to 30 days.  I've seen and read a lot of women went up by 2 days when they have taken Clomid too.

It is different for everyone.  Good luck.
hi ya for sure clomid effects ur cycle this is my 1st cycle of clomid i started af on sunday so i took 1st tablet on monday that is yesterday n today my periods are like some body put a full stop on my periods.i have to take my dose from 2nd day of peroids till 6th day.its 50 mg n i m very surperised n worried is it ok to stop bleeding on 3rd day of ur periods b/c usually i bleed until 5 days properly .
thank u
Ok girls.  As of today I am 12dpo, and no af.  How many of you got postives on 12dpo?  My af is supposed to come between the 12th-16th.  I want to test, but I'm going to wait.  Last month I got false postives.  The odd thing is I am so relax about it this month.  My car craped out on me and my mind is one finding a car to buy, not ttc.  Maybe this will help with the TWW.  I think I will wait till the 18th to test.
For every 50 mg of clomid I was on, it postponed my cycle 2 days.  tell me that wasn't a cruel joke when I am as regular as they come then all of the sudden I am late with negative test results.  It was cruel.  And my cycles were not as severe.. the cramps were bad, but the flow was reduced (TMI- sorry).
Hi all,

I start my first dose of Clomid tomorrow and i need all your prayers for this month's O to be Fertilised.
My cycles on clomid went from 26-28 days to 30 days like clockwork.  also it has made af very short.  i had af saturdy and sunday and that was it..  two days and no cramps which i normally have.  i guess everyone is differernt but you should be aware that it can change things.
hi can anyone help, i have just taken my first course of clomid i am on day 3 after my last tablet is it usual to feel a hotness in my stomach and aching pain in my sides, also i feel full all the time is this normal.
I was wondering did clomid change when you ovulated each cycle? mine use to be about day 12 before but I took clomid lastmonth and it was more like day 14. Did anyone else notice? I'm ask because today is day 9 of my cycle and I was wanting to be moreprepared.

Lea - you sound just like me! Clomid extended my cycle by two days, and I'm always very regular. I noticed with both rounds of Clomid that it also made af a lot worse. A lot heavier and really, really bad cramps - where usually they wouldn't be so bad. I also got sick a couple times - tell me that won't play tricks with your mind!! :)

Berko! It's been so long since I've been in here that I didn't know you were back!! We missed you for awhile there! I see you m/c again - so sorry to hear that! Hope things go well from here on out!
SarahP35 - I also had Clomid change my cycle. I just took for the first time, days 5-9 (with horrible side effects). I usually ovulate on day 13.  Didn't ovulate until day 16! Did IUI, this Thursday and Friday.  Hoping it works and I don't have another miscarriage.  Best of luck to you.
clomid made my periods go from 70 days to exactly 28 straight away and I got pregnant after the 3rd month and I am 37 weeks tomorrow!

my periods became lighter than they were before but I assume this is because there is only 28 days of blood and not 70!

I had a few crampy feelings etc but not too bad :) I took it days 2-6 of my cycle.

I have lots of friends online got pregnant with clomid so I hope it works for you too babe :-) xx
thank you for this info!  I took 100mg clomid this month and I am on day 28 with cramping and nausea (?).  I am expecting my period but cannot explain the nausea.  I did not know that clomid could extend my cycle and that is good to know!  Hope it is a pos pregnancy but i REALLY feel like my pd is coming.
i'm on my first month with clomid.  I started taking it on day 5 as directed but I still have my period (day 7).  My periods can last for weeks sometimes.  Will taking clomid stop my period in time for me to ovulate or are the two unrelated?  Has anyone experienced this?
I wiil start clomid around the 18th of March. This is all new too me and my husband. I am starting tomorow night my first session with accupunture. Can anyone tell me any more info since I  am new to this discussionz>
Taylor*
I have just finished my first cycle of clomid and wondered how i work out my most fertile time?????????
Hi there,
I was told to take Clomid 50 mg  from Day 4 to Day 8 of my period, but by mistake I have taken whole 10 tablet in that pack. Will there be any problem? Also I was told to take Duphaston from Day 15th to Day 25th. Can I take Duphaston as instructed?
Now I'm on my Day 15th.
Since Clomid has so many side effects and we are all different, its hard to tell why things are happening, like "my period is late, am I pregnant?" or "I'm having nausea and brest tenderness, may be I am pregnant!!", and then realize that it's just because of the side effects. Emotionally doesn't help.
One question I've been having (I'm 40 years old), is if I'm now having a premature menopause. It helps a lot to read the posts cause I realize that some things are common by taking clomid. then I can relax and hope. Thanks for sharing.
Hi everyone! I am so GLAD that I found this site. The comments are so insightful.

Well, I did my first cycle of Clomid in March '10; thought I was pregnant because my period was late for more than two weeks but unfortunately, it started yesterday; very light, back pains, cramps.  How can I be sure that I even ovulated? I'm a bit depressed; I don't know whether I should do another round of clomid or what?

Any advice?

Reena
hi im 27 have being trying with my husband for the past 3 1/2 years with no luck i have just been given 50mg to start with my next cycle on day 2 - 6.  
im getting really scared by the side effects other women have had and so many ppl saying they have had mc at around 8 weeks :(
im trying so much not to get my hopes up but my hormone levels were only 27 last month ( a year ago they were 6!) my consultant said normal was 30 so im not far off but also my husband has very slighty lazy swimmers :(
wish us luck need as much as we can get  
Hi I'm 30 and been ttc for 18months.  Am starting clomid tomorrow since I got my AF today.  My cycles vary from 27 - 34 days, so i can't tell when I'm ovulating + my husband according to sperm test have good & bad days.  I'm a bit worried about clomid since I don't like medication much....but who does.  Good Luck 2 all of u :)
I been taking clomiphene and it stoped my period I have been on Depp for nine years and that's why my Dr put me on it. I have a doctor appointment in the morning and I hopen to have Good news
Hi this s is my first time taking clomiphene and my menstrual cycle usually last for 7 days but when I started on this med it took me to 3days. No side affects could I be pregnant
did you find that you still ovulated even though you sometimes have extended length of periods?
ive just started clomid but have the same period problems.