Maternal & Child Community
clomid and progesterone levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

clomid and progesterone levels

My doctor has put me on clomid 100mg.  My progesterone level prior to starting clomid was 10.3.  I thought that was a decent number, I thought that if your level was good that you are ovulating???  If so, isn't it weird to put me on something to make me ovulate?.  We've been ttc for over 10 months, so at this point I'm willing to try anything!  I'd love to hear any clomid success stories!
according to my Fertility Specialist, they like to see your prog. at 15 or higher. Maybe your OB thought 10.3 was a little on the low side. Good luck with everything.
Thanks for your input.  I learn more on this site than my RE ever tells me.
I had a level of only 7.0 on day 22 and it was my first month on clomid and I got pregnant. I ovulated a little late though.
But anything above a 6.0 means that you could have ovulated, it is not a definite though.

I am proof though that a low progesterone level means you still could have ovulated, just maybe a day or 2 later than expected.
The first cycle of clomid?  That is amazing!!!  Could you please send me some baby dust!!  

Could somebody tell me about taking robitussin?  I have read on here that it helps with cm.  Do you get it otc?  When exactly do you take it?  I'm hoping to give dh's soldiers all the help they can get!
How long did it take to find out that you were pregnant?  I have  to get my progesterone drawn this monday and then see my RE for a pelvic on Friday.  Just wondering if there would be any signs of pregnancy that early.
Thanks :) ... I definitley need me some prayer, strong ones!!

Good luck to you too!!
Just want to let you know I'll be thinking of you and wishing  for the best at your next u/s!

*************Happy & Healthy 9months DUST****************** ;o)
Thanks for sharing your story.  My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you!  Please keep me posted on how things are going.
I started clomid the month of april for my first round, April 15th was day one of my cycle and I took the pills days 5-9. I went to the doc on day 22 and it was a .7...he said it looked alright, a little low but anything above a 6 could mean ovulation or that I ovulated later than we thought. I went on the 13th (day29 of my cycle) they did a blood test and it was negative for pregnancy. So I waited until day 36 the following Thursday and still nothing. So I took a hpt and it was a faint positive. I went to the store that night and got a 2 pack and used next morning's urine and it was a definite positive on day 37. They drew my blood the next day and it was a positive with levels of 115. Then 2 days later it was 529. Then 1 day later 1,760. So it looks like I just ovulated a little late.

I am having some slight problems though. They did an ultrasound last Thursday and saw only a sac. Then Yesterday my doc did another one and they saw a little bit of a bigger sac with a yolk sac in it. I go in next Thursday (should be about 7 weeks then) and we are hoping for a heartbeat.
I have had 2 previous miscarriages..one was a blighted ovum and the one after my 2nd son only got to a yolk sac, this was in September. I pray this does not happen to me again!
I am having some slight low back pain, but I went to the ER last night and they said I have a UTI. So I am hoping that might cause some of this pain.

Well, Thats my story. Nervous and waiting.
wonder where my post is?!
weird, it shows up 10 min after I posted it @@
Thanks :)

I said I was going in Thursday but I meant Friday morning. I have felt like **** the last couple days. I have had this friggin headache for 3 days, I see a nuerologist because sometimes they last weeks but he cannot do a whole lot for me at this time. I have been feeling sick all morning through the afternoon and can barely eat until evening time then I eat everything. Gassy, bloated feeling. and ofcourse the UTI.
I hope she see's more on the next ultrasound, I will loose my mind if this happens a 3rd time! We want one more and that is starting to look impossible. I am beginning to wonder if dh and I have problems genetic wise to make a baby, we get pregnant easily we just cant get the baby to form. I think we got lucky when we had nathan.

Well thanks for the thoughts. :)
Hi I was not on much the week you posted your BFP but did post the week later to say congratulations.  I didn't know if you saw it.  

I am so sorry that you are in limbo right now with worry.  Try to think positive (easier said than done I know). Take care of yourself and I will keep you in my thoughts for a healthy pregnancy.
I am on round 4 of Clomid, and my progesterone levels for the first 3 months were 8,44, and then a 7!!! Has anyone else seen their levels rise and fall like that??
I took clomid and had iui april22. my blood work on 4/29 was progesterone 13. could i be pregnant. progesterone before clomid 11.
I started clomid on October 5th, I had an ultrasound on day 12, and then had my progesterone level drawn on day 21 it was 28. I  don't know what my body is going though, but i feel nauseated almost all the time, i have the worst abdominal pain, and i feel like i have no energy. Is anyone going though any of this, or is it just a side effect from clomid? I need advise to settle my mind, i think im going crazy. Thanks so much for the help!

Jillian
Hi, I have been taknig Clomid on days 2-6. I hav been trying to concieve (conceive). Did progesterone bt on Day 20, as day 21 was a friday, with a progesterone level of 169.3. Seems really high. Any ideas help !!??? x

Sarah
TTC: 2 years and nine months
Hi at the moment I just got over a 10 pill cycle of  progestrone pills and, I'm on my  period right now. I'm suppose to go and see my doctor on may 14 and I'm going to suggest her to put me on clomid my question is how am I suppose to take progestrone and clomid together in order for it to work....
Hi I just went to my doc on friday..that was day 21 of my cycle, and my progesterone was onlt .04:-(..am i not ovulating?
Before clomid my levels were .8 and after my first round my levels are 18.6. I am so excited and fell absolutely blessed!!! I'm on day 25 and I am gassy, bloated, with annoying back pain. I will keep you guys posted ;)

Before clomid my levels were .8 and after my first round my levels are 18.6. I am so excited and feel absolutely blessed!!! I'm on day 25 and I am gassy, bloated, with annoying back pain. I will keep you guys posted ;)

reposted due to spell error.
I have been on Clomid for 4 months with one month of a level at 14. All the other months were 1-7.
The first day of my last period was Oct. 2nd and was the normal 5 days, I stopped bleeding and then 7 days later started bleeding again for about 3-4 days? Why did this happen. It has never happened to me before. I talked to my doctor and they just said that I could have possibly ovulated or that my body is just getting regular.
I went in for my 21 day blood work. I got a call from my doctor that my levelwas still low at 7.9? They said next month I will be on Clomid 150mg but on days 5-9 with a steroid.
Has anyone had to do this yet?
My husband and I have been ttc for over 1year. It is so frustrating.
I'm am taking Clomid and this is my third round.  I did notice that my cf had become non-existent, so I looked into it.  A super helpful book is "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".  Best read ever.  In short they suggest Clomid patients to use 2 teaspoons of robitussin (plain guiafenesin no extra ingredients) 3x a day, or plain mucinex 600mg pills once every 12 hours.  I liked the muicinex better because it's less to remember and taste :)  I totally noticed a difference in the fertile cf that was produced.  Start 4 days before your average day of ovulation and then continue 2 days after your temperature shifts after ovulation.  I also used pre-seed lubricant (you can find it at wal-greens) just in case.