Maternal & Child Community
clomid when to have sex and getting pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

HI THERE,  HELP, I AM SEEING MY REG OB RIGHT NOW AND HE PUT ME ON CLOMID FOR #2, BUT DIDN'T TELL ME REALLY HOW TO USE IT EXCEPT TO START ON DAY 5 OF PERIOD.  SO MY ? IS, DO YOU START HAVING SEX THEN WHILE TAKING CLOMID, OR DO YOU WAIT TILL YOUR OVULATION AREA, WHERE YOU ARE FERTILE? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?  I AM OVULATING BUT MY EGGS NEED A LITTLE HELP, AND I DON'T WANT TO DO IT WRONG, WE REALLY WANT ANOTHER BABY. HAD NO TROUBLE WITH #1, SHE IS 4. BUT PROBLEMS WITH THIS ONE.  SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH.  SO ? IS DO WE START HAVING SEX ON DAY 5 OF MY PERIOD OR WAIT TILL I OVULATE AROUND DAY 14 - 15? THANKS YOU
You can start BDing on Cycle day 5. :)  But the best time to do it is 24 hours before you ovulate that way you can catch the egg.    i am on clomid cycle day 3-7 and iam doing an OPK kit from cycle day 8-15 to see when i ovulate.
I'm supposed to take clomid on CD5-9, but I was ovulating late in my cycle, so I started taking it on days 3-7 instead. Use an OPK or chart your temps to give you a better idea of when you ovulate.
Hello i have not got my period in 5 months so i have no idea when i am ovulating. The dr. has given me Clomid to take but he is not monitoring me. IM suppose to take it for 5 days, but im confused of when im suppose to try getting pregnatn. Are we suppose to wait a week or so..do i have to go buy a ovulation kit???
I'm taking Clomid I hope it works
have any body heard of it not working?
I took it on my 2 nd child ,got preggo ,the 3 cycle on it.Took it for 9 months,never got preggo ,went to fertility Dr.he started me on Gonal F injections for iui,got preggo 2nd try,resulted in mc,got preggo next time I tried now i'm almost 17 w having a girl.
Good luck to u.Hope it works right away,waiting *****.
Hi, me and my husband been trying to have a baby for 2+ years and so I decided to try clomid. This is my 3rd cycle I dont know what im doing wrong im regular now i think im timing sex wrong can you help.
can i have sex while taking clomid or do i have to wait till im done takin the five pills ?i havent had my period for like 8 months and my doctor gave me medroxypr to take ,and then get my period he also gave me clomid to take when im done with my period im sopouse to take them but i dont know when to start having sex ?
hi ive been trying for a baby now for 4 years and only now my gp has started me on clomid i have to start it on my second day of my period for five days, but i just wanted help or infomation on when should i have sexal intercouse to make me fall ( the best time ) please could some one help me many thanks
I took clomid to get pregnant after being diagnosed with PCOS.  I wasnt having periods anymore and the doctors told me i was running out of time to get pregnant.  It took one round of clomid and I was pregnant.  This is rare but somehow it worked for us.  My son is now two and a half and we are talking about having the second child God willing.  

My mother took it almost 30 years ago to get pregnant with me and my brother.  It worked very well for her as well.  she tried for 11 years with no luck and went to three specialist who said to quit trying.  she is now the mother of three.  I totally agree with this product.
hi,
i had my period on the 15th may. since then i have been taking 20 different vitamins and minerals, cut back on coffeee and tea and eating more healthily. i have been having sex since day 11. onwards. i thought i ovulated on the 27th may i had a twindge and the kit showed 2 lines on it. i did the test again today and i have even darker lines on it today! does meen i am ovulating now ??? i am very confused.  i am day 21 today. i am having blood tests tomorrow to see what my hormones are doing. could i be pregnant already and the kit showing it up as fertile??? please help.
im confused! My doc has started me on 100mg of clomid on day 2-6 of my cycle............ when should we start having sex 2 get pregnant??????
Been told clomid is really my only hope as we wont get ivf........... due to my partner having a 9yr old son!
Please can someone advise me ???
Zoe
I have been on clomid for 2 cycles first was 50mg second was100mg.My hormone level was always 1 and this time it was a 9. something.Does that mean i am pregnant?
You are suppose to have sex on the 13-18 days, but every other day.
Hi ladies I got pcos and clomid wasn't working for me so I had the ovarian drilling on 3rd jan, got my period taken clomid day 2 to 6, not sure what day ile ovulate that's if I do !! This is so stressful been trying for 3 years now and only ovulated once ! So desperate now,
I HAD SEX WHILES TAKING CLOMID I WANT TO KNOW IF IT WILL STILL WORK  AND I ALSO WANT TO KNOW IF I AM SUPPOSE TO HAVE MY MENSES WHILES OR AFTER TAKING CLOMID