Maternal & Child Community
conception date help please

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

conception date help please

I would like to know a more accurate conception date. My LMP was May 2.On Sept 28th I got an ultrasound that estimated my duedate to be feb 14, suggesting my conception date was between May 21 and 31st. I got an early ultrasound on June 27th but it was for the sake of confirming pregnancy so measurements were not done, but the yolk sac was clearly visable and I could see my babys heartbeat. What is the likeliness that I concieved on the 31st as opposed to the 22nd, 23,or even 28th?
My thought is that with a lmp of May 2, the earlier dates (when the choices are from the 22nd to 31st) are more likely than the latter dates, but if you had sex with one man on the 28th and another on the 31st, those dates are simply too close together to be able to bank on anything.  In such a tight cluster of dates, you are going to have to rely on a DNA test once the baby is born, no matter what the odds are.  I'm sorry.
thank you for your time and response Annie. I called and got information on my first ultrasound that I didnt think did measurements and it turns out they gave a due date of Febuary 10th. I was told that ultrasounds in the first trimester are much more accurate. Does that change anything?