confused
I am 36 weeks pregnant today. I am 3 cm dilated and 80 % thinned out how long can i stay pregnant if i completely thin out?
I don't know. But I would be more scared than confused. It seems to me that your baby will be born shortly.
I was a 2-3 cm completely effaced from 36 weeks on.  I didn't have my baby till 41 weeks.  I think some of us just get ready really early.  And I tried everything to get her out.  It can become very annoying when your body's ready but, the baby's not.  Hang in there...
I agree with Angel.  I was dilated early as well.  In fact I was dilated to a 6 and walking around like that for days before actually going into labor.  Regardless in one week you will be considered full term so I wouldn't worry about if you would go into labor now.  If your body goes in on it's own at this point it's probably because your dates are off and your baby is ready.  If you aren't ready you could continue to efface and dilate and still not go into labor for weeks or you could stay that way until you are overdue like what happened to Angel.  I think it's VERY encouraging to be where you are as at least you know your body is  preparing.  Then if you had to be induced for some medical reason you would have the comfort of knowing your body is already working you towards delivery and you aren't pushing it in the wrong direction.  I think it's fantastic you are where you are at 36 weeks.  Very encouraging.  And also, if this is your first pregnancy it is much more common for you to be dilating and effacing early.  Good luck!  And definitely NO worries!